Skip to main content

Return To Disneyland

Back in Disneyland so I figured I should do a blog or two on it.  SO first let’s just go with the rides. Top few in no real order is this. Indiana Jones, this actually might be Number 1. It is the shit. It has speed a story some good twists and turns and surprise drops. It is good. Pirates is another good one. It isn’t really fast it does have a couple good drops though. But it is a decent length and has some pretty sweet visuals. The Haunted Mansion is a good one. It is also a decent length and has good visuals. Plus it changes at Halloween to tell the Nightmare before Christmas. Jungle Cruise is cool to. This time my favorite ride Splash Mountain was down L Peter Pans flight is sweet, kinda kiddie still BUT the flying is cool. Matterhorn is great. The speed and turns are great. I aint gonna lie there isn’t as much in California Adventure I like. But what I do like is great!! Like Cars is amazing. Toy Story even though I constantly lose is also wicked. I really like Soarin and if you are prepared to get wet Grizzly River is awesome! On my last day we finally did Thunder Mountain! It is the ride, it has moved to number 1 for me!!!

First BIG shout outs to Uva bar, Naples and Tortilla Jo’s. All amazing food and service.
Now the good, the bad and the ugly. First the good or maybe the bad or the ugly??? Not sure what this falls under BUT Disney please, please never change. I am sure some angry group soon enough will say the tiki room or the jungle cruise is racist. I mean it might be to be honest but it isn’t in a mean way it is just the way things were and I hope that unlike Songs of the South, Disney doesn’t cave and change things.

Under the good is nothing is poorly done. Every single detail is done right. If you pay attention in Cars land the flower holders are old tires, even scents are sprayed out like gingerbread in the haunted mansion when you come to the hall with the gingerbread house. Walt wanted it done right and his dream has been followed.

Let’s talk about the dress code. This one goes under ugly…. First don’t dress like a pedo. Seriously like no big coats and scruffy beards and cheesy hats. So many kids here it just looks creepy. Next don’t be a skank! If you’re good looking that’s fine but club clothes belong in the club. And even worse if you can’t pull off the club clothes please don’t try! Lastly if you are 40 don’t wear a Pinocchio outfit. Just don’t, it is creepy and wrong!!

Next under the GREAT is almost no Ill will. I mean in general people are being good people in Disney. Most people are fairly polite. We had one guy chase us down to give us a card I left behind. It is crowded hot and busy but people are smiling and trying to be nice decent humans. People seem to let shit go and just want to have a good time.

Is Guns N Roses making a comeback?? Kinda unrelated but WTF I have never seen so many GNR tee shirts I mean they are from Hollywood so maybe that is it but wow what is up with all the GNR Tees.

What exactly doesn’t Disney own? This I would say falls under the bad. I don’t think anyone should own so many good / big franchises. Like First they have Disney of course. Next they have Pixar, then they get the Muppets. As if that aint enough they buy into Marvel. Not exactly sure how the split works, like they have all the none X men titles?? But with geeks being the new main stream Disney owns Marvel and that is huge. Then Star Wars?? Another pop culture phenomenon? Mr. Lucas must be sleeping on a huge bed of money now. So I ask exactly what doesn’t Disney own. Is there any company that can compete with them now?

So Trump is going to build a wall eh? Has he been so Southern Cali? Of all the stupid things he has said and done building a wall is starting to sound small but has the man been to So. Cal? The Mexican population in this area is huge. I mean it doesn’t really have anything to do with Disney but man this guy can say dumb shit.

Okay so the Halloween party was awesome but the Birds that is wicked. I am not sure if they are trained or what but the night of Mickeys Halloween party a flock of Blackbirds started flying around the park. At first I thought it was nothing just birds BUT then you start to realize they are part of the show. Not sure how they train them or what but it does really up the creepy factor when you have real animals not just animatronic ones.

Bathrooms part 1. A few more are needed!! I could be wrong but it seems to me there aren’t that many bathrooms. I would think even in the space between the two theme parks were you line up could have a couple. People have been through security by the time you get there so why not have a couple bathrooms there. Plus more spread out through the park. The Adventureland one is just redonkulus to get into. When men’s rooms have a line you know you could use a couple more!
When does enjoyment start to defeat profit? This is another one for the bad but there needs to be a line. For example do you need to fill the parks to capacity? When should it be hey we won’t make quite as much money but let’s not have so many people in that you can move comfortably? Same with the prices in the park. $4 for a bottle of water? I know Disney is buying in Bulk size Bulk so they have to be getting a crazy price so why overcharge? Admittedly yes they need to make profit to keep this awesome park running but I would have to think they are making more than enough money and could make everything a bit cheaper and less crowded…

Let’s clean the bathrooms. Back to my bathroom beef. They need cleaned more. The slow ones like the ones by Alice are great. But the busy ones are nasty! On the busiest day we were there it actually was making a couple people gag to go in and take a leak. IF you are going to over crowd the park I would say keep it clean. Having said that when you get in at 7 AM it is mind blowingly clean and tidy. The roads are still even wet from being washed down. It is very impressive so why not spread that out during the day.

Entering California Park early is dangerous. In my mind if you’re letting people in let them in. Lining them up in town square then having them all run towards cars or cars fastpass is a bad idea. Remember how earlier I said there is no ill will?? Ya for these few minutes there is. There is elbowing, pushing, running, like running over feet with strollers. No apologies just a human stampede. To me this is a bad idea. IF you let people in just let them go at least for safety sake.
Final question liquor in the Main Park or nah? Cali Adventure is great. You can stop in a vineyard for wine or stroll with a beer down the peer. A guy like me is sad that you can’t get a vodka but I guess that is probably good since not everyone really handles hard liquor well. BUT at first I was sad I couldn’t do the same in Disneyland. We went to the Blue Bayou for a romantic dinner in perpetual twilight. Know what woulda been perfect with that?? You got it! A glass O wine! I mean I get it. Walt wanted a family fun park, so no you don’t need booze in the park. My thoughts though are for some things like Blue Bayou a drink would be nice. I am not saying sell it on the street like Cali Adventure I am just saying maybe have a glass of wine or something in some of the nicer sit down and eat places…..


I admit it, that kinda sounds negative over all. It shouldn’t be though. I love the place. So much fun so many good rides. Nothing is half assed in Disney. I would say everyone should go if they get a chance! GOnna miss it but I will be back some day!!

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo