Skip to main content

End of summer rant!

So I have yet to win the lotto, gonna say that sucks. Still not rich and still have to go to work. Maybe it is western alienation but why are the lottos always won out east? On the flip side I cant wait till tomorrow as I  get better looking everyday! My littlest brother is moving to Edmonton next week. For his first year of University. Now I understand when people feel old. I remember the day he was born. Moving in with the ole lady and a friend. Let it be written record I don't think that is a great living arrangement. The whole third wheel thing never works. It was what I did when I moved here. When we moved apart there was some bitter feelings. But I do wish them BEST of luck and hope they end up better roomies than we were. I put that on my brother though to be a good roomie as it is more on the couple, they can make things awkward.....

The biggest thing in my personal life recently is my poor puppy was sick. Canine Pancreatits. My buddy is a 1 year old blue Merle sheltie. Shetland Sheep dog for you picky bastards. He is cute as fuck and has 2 different coloured eyes. Also 1 eye is half white half brown.When my girlfriend is mad she says he is the only one I love. 2 days of lethargy with some vomiting I figured maybe a flu. Then he shit pure blood. That was scary shit. I am sorry that was not a pun, it was in poor taste and I feel stupid for having said it. Anyways off to the ER vet. $119 just to tell me my dog is sick. $100 to find out he doesn't have Parvo, which we knew he was immunized.... Then over $1000 for 24 hours care and meds for the next week. Well over $1400. BUT I do not complain. While the wallet is light the buddy is home! The treatment was excellent. And my little buddy is home and on the road to recovery! Pills and dogs don't mix! We have tried cheese, peanut butter, food and now pill pockets! So to everyone at Vetermerg in Edmonton, your amazing!!! Thank you!


The federal election has started, longest campaign ever or some shit. Another Harper conspiracy. Just putting out there the left has nothing but conspiracies. Sadly both sides or more correctly all the parties are crap. This election is more about who I dislike most rather than who I actually like. My only hope is that Canada doesn't react like Alberta did and elect a party reactionary rather than well thought out.

TV is killing me lately, like what is there to watch?? True detective is over for another season. It was meh at best.While the acting was amazing the whole story was meh. Westeros is still months away, god I love game of thrones. I finally saw the South Park trilogy on Game of Thrones. Wicked awesome! Walking dead returns soon, Fear the walking dead started, While it has potential I think it is going to be another series about the monsters in us not zombies. Have been starting Justified, really liking that and waiting for American Horror story to get on Demand again. Sadly the Kardashians and teen mom are still on TV.  On the bright side the Duggar family seems to be gone BUT they are on People magazine again.

Dismaland opened. What can I say, Banksy is a hack. The park looks like shit. I would love to punch a hipster in the face just for no reason. I may have anger issues. Here is my thing, not everything is clever. An anti theme park really isn't clever.  There is a reason it is the happiest place on earth (Disneyland) why would you want to make the opposite?  Some people do make clever spoofs on society. Family guy and Simpsons, years ago. South Park, even the daily show but this is just an angry hispter thinking he is clever. Your not you're a hack.

Summer is winding down. It is cold in the morning and the nights again and I don't wake up to the sun in the sky. Again it was a quiet summer. Didn't get golfing or to the lake. Straight outta Compton is kicking ass at the movies. I have yet to go, but it is in the cards for soon. I would love to see more movies (if they are well made) like that. It is about a time and a place much bigger than just a rap act. Just saying Dr. Dre album to go with the movie is also very meh. The good songs are great and the rest wel.... Also Suge Knight is in jail again, for murder. I would love to see him get ass fucked over and over for all the shit he has done. On a side note I was unaware that GTA San Andres was re released and up grade fro X box to Xbox 360. It is still choppy as shit but man am I happy I found it for 20 bucks.  Also Vanilla Baileys is amazing. Anyways the coffee needs a top up and I should do some real writing!




Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo