Skip to main content

November Randoms!!

So I think this is my last entry for the year of 2023 that won't be in the series I have started. All it will take is a quick read and some of this was started a month ago, or more. I am going to concentrate on those other blogs and maybe be done them by the end of the year, sorry if some of this is really not relevant anymore!

337 years... That's at least how long my family has been in North America. Or at least the the part of my family whose surname I still use. The other part of me, well we have been in Canada forever, Ojibway. Anyways what I got from doing family tree research was it would have been my great (X9) grandfather that came here way back in 1686, Jebus. I found out for a few generations we were in Philly and then moved to New Jersey... Thank god we moved outta there. Then into Ontario, again thank god we moved to Alberta some time between 1896 and 1910. A lot of Jacobs, Lewis' and Daniels in the tree. The hard thing to tell is are they Irish or British they seem to bounce back and forth a lot.... Either way I am just saying Canadian, I would say after a couple hundred years all traces of Europe have left.... 

Big shout out to the Canadian government for giving a standing ovation to a legit Nazi. A standing ovation to a member of the Waffen-SS. Sooo much to say here but Ill keep it short. First we give that little grifter $650 million. Seriously? When might we start spending on Canadians.... Also wasn't it 2018 when big trudy said vets were asking more than he had to give? Yet he pledge $9 billion to fight Russia WTF. Anyways they go ahead and introduce a vet who fought against Russia in WWII. Well if I remember basic junior high history in that war Russia was an ally and we fought the Nazis. So if this guy fought Russia pretty simple to see who he would be fighting for. Honestly how the fuck did that happen? This leads to an awesome liberal melt down. Well Pierre has been seen with Nazi flags at events, the convoy had Nazi flags!!! Yes both those things are true. Neither one however did they invite a Nazi to come. This is inviting a Nazi and not just a Nazi as the liberals love to call everyone they disagree with but an actual guy who fought for the actual Nazi party in WWII. Where is Antifa on this?? So I admit I did read a good article on the actual history of WWII and it does explain that plenty of these guys were conscripts and that Russia had committed Holodomor. Okay? Yes some context is great, at the end of the day he still fought for the Nazis. In some of the most brutal fighting of WWII. We have 0 idea if he was happy to do it, as some were looking for revenge against Russia. So really in the end is he a bad man? We will never know, but bringing a person who was Waffen SS and giving them a standing ovation is a bad idea. Also if we are giving context the Waffen SS wasn't just regular army but the military army of the SS, the worst of the Nazis. Of course all around the world people ask WTF is wrong with Canada and I gotta agree with them... Well except for Rob Schiender. Dude your career only exists because Adam Sandler is nice and invites you to his movies. STFU. Last note, yes the Cons stood and clapped to. Probably they shouldn't have but in the game of politics think how bad they would have looked. I mean looking back they would have looked great but to not stand and clap at that would have been massive egg on their faces.

So all caught up on Cobra Kai and it has been a great series. I am glad though next season is the last season as it is falling off. We now have attempted murders, arson and home invasions? (I mean when they attacked Dannys house) with no police fall out? It is going down the Riverdale road and getting to that line where it becomes an epic shit show and I don't want that to happen. The first couple seasons seemed to focus around the kids and it was mostly a high school drama. I will say the last season didn't feel like that and I don't want the "Karate Kid" to become Sons Of Anarchy. Great show, great nostalgia but happy they are smart enough to wrap it up. Almost watched all the Blue Bloods I can on Prime. Admittedly it is a little hokey. I don't see an entire family of cops always doing the right thing specially some of the situations they are put in. Also there always seems to be a loop hole. They find some random piece that saves the day. However as my wife put it, it is a happy show. Most times something good happens and we get the family dinner, which in reality people should bring back. Don't know what we will watch after that though.... This blog has dragged on and on, we finished Blue Bloods and restarted Riverdale lol. We also started Hawaii 5.0 again. Both shows I enjoy but I know after a season Riverdale will be trash and 5.0 is a different kind of cop show, more action less family values. Also finished Fall of the House of Usher. That is some amazing TV. 10/10 Cast and acting is great, plot is great. The deaths of all the Ushers are creative and entertaining. Verna is amazing! Honestly move over American Horror Story, these minis; Haunting of Bly Manor, Haunting of Hill House and Fall have really taken over. I haven't been super impressed with AHS in a few season probably since 84 and even more before that, while this has remained top product.

Small towns are superior to cities in many ways including the ability to make and ring in coffee properly. See I always order a large black with 1/4 hot chocolate. In the city they always ring in Hot Chocolate and then put 3/4 coffee notes, which costs more then they make whatever the hell they want. Small towns ring in coffee and make what I ordered, less expensive so that is nice. Also recently we were on holidays in Victoria and I told my wife I am going to make people uncomfortable by saying Hello or good morning to people and being nice. Not in a douchey crack head way either just saying hi.... It worked? Some people were smiling and said hi back, others were freaked out. Or didn't really respond. You go for a walk in a small town and do the same, MOST people will say hi back. Like why did that die off? Why did it get weird to say hi??

SO as of putting this down we are 33-1-2 in our last couple seasons. We have moved up 4 divs now. Last night was our first game in our new div and without any cockiness that was the first time in a long time we were put on our heels in awhile. First off I am 42, these kids I am sure I have underwear older than some of them MAYBE 18 and probably still living at home. No way I can keep up to that speed, hell pretty well no one on my team can keep up to that. They were up 3 - 0  in the first 10 minutes. Then came the chirps, "You guys kinda suck" We won 4-3 in the end, sure quieted things down & honestly I wasn't a factor at all but it was nice to win that one. However I think we are were we should be, I think a lot of tough but winnable games coming up.... So again this has dragged on we are now 37-3-3 as you can see wins slowed down and lost a few. Playoffs start in a couple weeks, I feel MAYBE we could win but I think everyone would have to play their best and if we move up I don't think we belong there and will move down. I guess I am saying right now I think we are where we should be.

Also another fun hockey thought.... How do you think Oiler fans feel watching Talbot be on a tear, just like Duby was after he was traded away. Anther new coach, is that really the issue?? 

I have to talk real quick about all this electric shit we see. Everyone is rah rah lets do it!! Few things to keep in mind. First the average electric car can go 300 miles on a charge, which is 482KM Edmonton to Grande Prairie is 457KM. So you could barely make it there, then it will need charged. Again this is an average but 8 hours to charge to continue on your way. SO you can get 5 hours of driving in a day.... Of course that varies and I have heard higher lets say 700Km per charge. That means in 15 hours you can go 700km. If I push it I can get 1200KM maybe 1300KM in that time in my truck. Not quite double but if you need to get somewhere gas still seems the way to go. Next how about for homes. It blew my mind how much of Whitehorse uses electric. Last time I was there, from a lot of people I heard of the issues they were having power outages. Generators being brought in to keep the grid going. MASSIVE ones. At first I believe it was 5 or 6 and now they are up to 11 of them. There has been a spike in people buying wood burners to save a buck AND as a reliable heat source. If a city of 25,000 is having these issues what will a city of a million do? Alberta alone has 14 cities larger than Whitehorse. Are we going to make all our major centers suffer? I am not saying it isn't smart to start transitioning. However these nuts screaming for it now have no clue what it actually works like. YES we should be starting on the infrastructure right now if we want an electric future. With out a doubt the UCP is lagging behind and Smith needs to see that. I am all for oil and I am glad she is protecting that industry. However even I will admit we do need progressive thinking and we do need to start laying the ground work. Also it won't happen over night and there are a LOT of issues with it that we may want worked out first!!

Someone needs to get Martin Scorsese a blankie and a puddin and let him have a nap. He has become a bitter old man. Repeatedly he shit on comic book movies and I give him I think everyone is getting superhero hangover as the house of mouse milks it to death.... but then he says we need movies by Chris Nolan. The best Batman movies ever made were by Nolan. There likely will never be a Joker to match Heath from that series. Marty knows Bats is from a comic book right? I won't take anything away from Marty he is amazing and has made sooo much good shit for so many years BUT slagging other genres is weak sauce. I go out and try and sell product for a living. One of my only personal rules is not to bash the competitors. I just thinks its sleazy and lame and I feel Marty is on that road.

Heat pumps are the way of the future. Heating is one thing I kind of know and I can tell you that is a fact. Really they are the now, in some places. When we were recently on Vancouver Island all the heating guys vans said heat pumps and in a mild climate they are the perfect system. Cooling in the summer and heating in the winter. HOWEVER they only run down to -30. We don't see a ton of -30 weather here but we do see a few weeks of it and during those weeks a heat pump will not work. It has to have a back up furnace or heating coils. As a personal preference I would want a system that doesn't need a back up. To me if you have to have a back up you aren't ready. I mean will they develop a heat pump that will work year round in northern Canada? Maybe and I would jump on that (After a couple years of people trying it out) At this point Lennox has a 99% efficient furnace, so if you are changing to be more environmentally friendly well 99% is pretty damn good and it runs year round. This all came from someone onlines smug satisfaction about having a heat pump. Owning a heat pump isn't really making you amazing. I pointed out I could use my furnace year round and asked them to try running just a heat pump without a back up system in January and February. If it is so amazing and better than us using furnaces give it go. They avoided that comment. Right now you can do so much without a heat pump. Get better windows and insulation. Get a programmable stat and a high efficient furnace, upgrade your AC to a higher seer rating. Don't get me wrong I know heat pumps are the future but for me for now I will stick with what works, year round. Also I stick to my comment, this January and February just use your heat pump, don't turn on any back up and see how that pans out..... 

Can't say I have a ton for new movies BUT I did buy every Nightmare on Elm Street. I am about half way thru watching them. I doubt I will get them all done before Halloween, which was the goal but oh well. So part 1 was awesome. I mean looking at it now it is cheesy but back then, cutting edge for the slasher genre plus it was Mr. Depps first gig. I did kind of hate the ambiguous end. Freddy is defeated! Or he's not or what actually happened?? Part 2 is awful. Lets just be honest. If that was the first one I doubt it would have become a successful franchise. 3 I have heard people rave about and I do really like this one. I wish the whole warriors concept played into a little more. I mean we see a wizard and a "bad ass" for 5 minutes and that about it. Oh Kinkade holds a pipe and mute kid screams, overall great movie but could have had more warriors to it! Also Larry Fishburne lol, he didn't evolve to Laurence yet? The Marvels is now out, no desire to see it. So tired of people complaining both ways on. Yes Marvel as owned by Disney is getting a little "woke" however there are women superheroes, so ya there will be female led MCU projects, deal with it!! Also just because someone doesn't want to watch Marvels doesn't mean they are anti women!! I just don't care Ms. Marvel was kind of a weak TV series IMO (However I would say MOST of the TV series have been weak, not singling that one out) and Cpt Marvel didn't do it for me as a movie either. I didn't mind it but, it probably goes in my lower half of the MCU. Will I watch it? Yes, am I rushing to theatre to spend $80 buck on tickets and snacks when I can watch it for free on Disney+ in a few months? No. 

It had to be wild being the first. Like the first guy that ate an apple and enjoyed it. Then you try an orange and realize wtf I have to take this skin off? But then eat some poison berries and make yourself sick. WHO drew the short straw and had to try that. Or eggs for example, they see where baby chickens come from and think let grab that crack it open and fry it up. That's fucken dark, who dreamed that up? Smoking weed for example, why did someone think lets take that down and smoke it? I am just saying early human history had to be wild. I woke up in the middle of the night having these thoughts. Not high, not drunk. Dunno what I dreamt to wake up and think about that. Or was there really aliens that showed early mankind this, or a more advanced society that has been forgotten. I mean it is crazy to think we believe "humans" have existed on earth of roughly 6 MILLION years but we only have about 5000 years of recorded history. IF we had a million years of history, which we are no where near that would still be 16% of history but in fact we have .08% of history. So there was a lot of shit that happened that we have no clue about. 

I have ranted on how good Batman has been for a few years now BUT I gotta say it is getting meh. The Joker title first run was good, the second one had its moments but overall I wasn't too impressed. Detective title has been Orghams (Arkhams) for what seems like forever and it is boring. Started so strong but it should have been sprinkled in the background, it has just dragged on and on and looks like it will keep going on. Personally I like the Orgham story but it drags. They should have had it unfolding in the background sneaking up on Bruce... Also the art, it is good but not for Batman. A noir side tale of Bats sure but on a main title not digging it. Also stop making every side story become canon. 3 Jokers and Knight are now canon?? Fall of X continues to be awesome. I feel it will wrap up soon, seems like everything is getting close to the mutants finally hitting back Oh and the whole Fall of the house of X and rise of the powers of X seem to say the arc is over and we are moving on. I really hope Dark Xmen stick around. I have always loved Inferno and the goblin queen after it. Uncanny Avengers I don't overly care but a second Steve Rodgers?? WTF. I like Orchis as villains and I am sure they get exposed as that after this but I hope we still see them around. Also I hope Krakoa is still around at first I wasn't a fan but at this point I like it. Maybe get rid of the resurrection protocols but other than that I am good with it. AWA still amazes with The Madness and Ribbon Queen, two I have been hooked on. Rumpus Room is okay, Red Light started off interesting, AWA has a great way of doing that all most all their titles start strong so I hope this title keeps up. The fact is I don't think it will be to long until we do have "Houses of Pleasure" that maybe do have AI. 

So Dani Smith stirred up a hornets nest again. Maybe instead of finishing High School some kids could go straight into trades school. I have 2 minds on this, first we should all finish high school. It gives us some pretty basic knowledge of the world. I mean high school should be revamped. All the courses I took made me pretty great at jeopardy but a lot of it doesn't translate into real world use. CALM Career and life management gives student such basic real world knowledge.... That should be way more in depth, so ya I think everyone should probably finish high school but high school need some real work as well.... Saying that I saw some pretty negative comments online. "Oh I wouldn't want my house being worked on by someone who didn't finish high school" I have worked with the trades for 22 years now, no one who doesn't know what they are doing will be working on your house. To get your ticket you still have to go to trade school and learn. They don't just hand out a hammer and say "let er buck kid!" Ya the guy wiring your house might not know who fought the Battle of Ticonderoga but if you are using any sort of a reputable company he knows how to wire.... I guess I am getting at I think everyone should be given a chance to finish high school but if you have no interest in it and you want to get into the trade I can live with that too. Alberta is HURTING on skilled tradesmen and really struggling to get new people into it. Honestly I am blaming shit like the hipster attitude in Edmonton that trades are for dummies and looked down on. The facts are this not everyone is going to do well with books, some people are mechanically inclined. We need more people like this, every trade is down people and as more retire we are starting to have a crunch on skilled labor. There is nothing wrong with being in a skilled trade and you can make a damn good living at it. The only thing is we already have the RAPP program which helps students get their first year while finishing high school and I think that is maybe a better option.

I was unaware the latest book in the Agent Pendergast series came out, but as soon as I saw it I had to buy it. I hammered thru 90% of it but I slowed right down. I have hit the part where I dont want to end it. I know that there is one more book that will wrap up this "arc" and if I finish the book I will be sitting here WAITING for the end!! I will finish it soon enough but I will be sad when I do. If you haven't read this series by Preston and Child I highly suggest it. It is a "crime" series around an eccentric FBI agent. They do a great job on that, then they mix in some supernatural element. Not a crazy amount and usually it is explained by science. This newest one is a multiverse..... Yes it is a bit much but they do such a good job of describing 1880s New York it is a fun read. I really do suggest these books! 

I cant really comment on the Gaza situation that is going on. I don't know enough and what I know is pretty basic. So I am going to make some basic comments and leave it at that. Ill start with some questions... Are we witnessing the prelude to the third world war?? Russia and the Ukraine are still going at it in Europe and now the middle east is starting a war, that seems like trouble brewing. Will the Ukraine be able to grift more from Canada??? Remember when Castreau said our vets were asking to much but we can pump billions into a war across the globe.... As for Gaza I don't stand with anyone, I stand with Canada. I think anyone dying on both sides is a tragedy, the most fucky thing is just it is two religions that can't get along. Now I am not sure what the world was thinking when we all just kind of said "Oh hey we are taking this land and creating a new place for the Jewish people on it" right where there was a massive Muslim population. How did no one think that might be a bad idea?? ALSO I would like to know how Hamas flags are being flown around the world and here in Canada! They are a designated terrorist organization. Our government froze bank accounts of  citizens for donating to a protest but supporting a legit terror organization is ok?? I get it, people flew the swastika at the convoy and that made my stomach churn as well. I started saying I dont know enough, none of us do. I hate going on social media and seeing any posts on this. Either Israel are butchers or  Hamas is terrorists and there is no talking to people saying this. They are stuck in their beliefs even if they are 8942KMs away from Gaza. The reality is this is a social media war as well. We are hearing atrocities committed by both sides from the "other" side. I am inclined to believe both. This is war, that doesn't excuse it I am just saying every war these things have happened. People here need to STFU and just hope the killing stops and peace comes back but I doubt that. I think we all remember when a terror organization hit the USA and they invaded a nation. Sure they "won" but it lead to the creation of ISIS which was another whole issue. This war even if it ends today has created the next generation of terrorists and mark it down by 2034 we will see another group like ISIS and an even worse war.

So maybe I need to quit posting on #Cdnpoli, I do find I feel better when I don't. I mean I know I have said I and am working on a few entries that are kind of based around politics for here but on other media maybe not. I am just gonna comment on the last week and then say fuck it.... SO I am now blocked by ole Chuckie Adler and lil Deanie Blundell. I guess old washed up journalists do go to crybaby, sorry crier media to let their careers die. So let me start with the background. Pierre Poilievre recently did an interview with a "journalist" while eating an apple and made the guy look like an absolute fool. The guy kept trying to prove points and PP just kept asking who said these things and shooting down all the journalists claims. I freely admit PP came off like a condescending ass. The right claims he "owned" the guy and the left said it shows what a dick he is. Lets be clear both are true. He was a dick and that interview really showed it. HOWEVER it also showed what a shit show "journalism" and media has become in this country. The guy tried to parrot what other media has claimed but he has 0 facts or back up to bring. So yes he looked like an absolute idiot and it was his own fault, that isn't journalism.... Anyways lil deanie did get #NobodyLikesPierrePoilievre trending in Canada. Good on him! Then he started selling T-shirts for it..... And that's the grift. Same shit as rebel media, which is garbage. So this is what we have in Canada and we have seen it this week. Jokes for journalists. Grifters happily profiting off division in the nation. Look at both PP and Justin and they just come off as pompous assholes. So thats it, I am walking away from Poli threads.....

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo