Skip to main content

Canada Wildfires

 If you think global warming is causing all these fires and paying more taxes, maybe eating bugs instead of meat will help, you're fucking stupid. ALSO if you really think space lasers or paid arsonists are behind it same thing, STUPID.... Saying that there have been people arrested and charged with arson but I don't think it was paid with a conspiracy behind it, just really stupid people. NOW if you don't think global warming is real or possibly a part of all this, give your head a shake. It is real and it isn't good. 

We have had forest fires for probably longer than man has been around. Wildfires have started from nature for freaking ever! Me paying more taxes won't change that. Along with that we as society are not helping. I still see people flick cigarette butts out the window. How, why, like what is wrong with those people? All the fires this year and we still have people doing that. We have people on ATVs riding around and causing sparks. We are being dumb, when people should be taught to be careful. On top of that I have the pleasure of travelling all over the north and what I hear is sad. First YES I have heard people say its arson, even say they know someone, who knows someone, who saw it done on purpose. I try my best to ignore that and really hope it is untrue. However in numerous places I have also heard of people being told they can't help fight the fires. Farmers, other country, folks with equipment trying to clear fire breaks. To do whatever they can to say their own things and other people in the community but they are forced to leave. This is true and I can't understand why. If someone wants to try and save their place and hopefully slow down a fire why are they being forced out??? They know the risks and they are willing to take them but we force them out? How many homes could have been saved.... Bottom line climate change is real, global warming is real. A tax will not stop that, we can and should be working towards a greener future but it should be in a meaningful way. This is another time we are just putting a bandaid on a bullet hole and hoping that it will fix it. It won't Online bickering about a tax that won't help, isn't helpful either.

The thing that sickens me and I have tried to not comment on most things, is social media. Peoples homes are burning to the ground and they are losing everything and people want to make it about carbon tax. Oh the Cons want to roll it back while the country burns! Or my take.... that tax sure has helped! All of us unaffected are babbling over shit while thousands are forced from homes and even worse, lose everything. I was lucky or maybe unlucky enough to go meet a guy earlier this year that drove me around seeing all the damage done in the Entwhistle area. It was insane and heartbreaking to see the destruction. The fact seacans were melted twisted wrecks blew my mind. I was on my way to Jasper for work, to breath in that sweet mountain air, so to see and smell the destruction truly made it more than just TV new shots. Personally I find it gross when a tragedy is used during or immediately after as a political prop. A shooting and we have to talk gun laws, the country burns, lets talk carbon plans! Nah man deal with the tragic issues and then step back and look at the root causes. Don't try and gain cheap political points. Or at least that how I feel.... Now I know this is pretty much me on social media and I get the hypocrisy. I just wanna get my rant out here and try to ignore the online threads. As stated in earlier blogs I am starting to see social media as a cancer and I think I wanna move away from the pointlessness of it. That leads to the last part of my rant.....

FUCK JUSTIN TRUDEAU. This clown is literally the surprised Pikachu meme. His government passes a bill & Facebook warned them what would happen to news on Facebook, they did it anyways and act surprised when Facebook does what they said they would.... Actions have consequences you clown! Let's be honest, if ole FB wasn't a shit show they could help out Canadians during these fires and show news but they don't have to and I guess they chose the route of douchebaggery. Blaming them though, come on. First they only did exactly what they said they would do. Second there are so many other outlets like Reddit where news seems to move even faster. Third on FB there are already groups dedicated to this stuff that have been helping people. Fourth WTF did we do before social media, we had crisis's and we handled it. Just because this government is inept doesn't mean lashing out at a social media company is helpful. Honestly I am guessing he is just angry that during the trucker convoy FB showed live videos of peaceful protests that went against the whole "occupation" narrative. This is just another sign of how useless this party and its leader is. I mean they are great at not wasting a tragedy and trying to get people behind their virtual signaling tax but in general another time Castreau looks like a clown.....

Thats it, thats all. I know its rambling and I know I said whining on social media isn't helpful but I had to get it off my chest so I can try to not call people stupid online... 





Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo