Skip to main content

Decriminalization of hard drugs

 See kids drugs are bad, if you don't believe me ask your dad.....

This is another quick blog that was a tweet that grew too long. Also starting it saying I know I am a hypocrite.  Everyone has vices. I really like whiskey, that amber fluid is tasty. I don't drink it anymore cause I know I can be a dick when I do. I like throwing $20 into a slot machine if I have the chance and I can afford it. What I am getting at is I am not letting vice take over my life. I am just saying I know I have them so judging others vices maybe I shouldn't but this is my damn blog and Ill judge all I want!!

First booze is bad, maybe as bad as a lot of drugs. There is a reason we have police at night clubs. If booze was gone probably less drunken brawls and crimes. Probably domestic violence goes down and well drunk driving isn't an issue anymore. I am getting at booze really is a drug, it can be an addiction and yes in a completely fair world it should be outlawed to as it is dangerous as hard drugs. We are past that though. We opened that Pandora's box and the fact is you can't close it now. We tried, what it did was make the Mafia a billion dollar corporation. That funded the rise of organized crime. It has been around for too long to get rid of it. There is now too much of a market for it so we do our best to control it & this is the road we are going down decriminalizing hard drugs.

I am not arguing that there isn't benefits to safe injection sites and decriminalizing small amounts.  Many studies have been done and it is safer. That's a bandaid solution though and we just keep doing bandaids for all our problems rather than actually solve them. First off safe injection sites are not wanted in most neighborhoods and the simple fact is they are not good for most neighborhoods. Sure they are good for the people who need them but for society in general would it not be better to help these people than rather just give them a place to feed an addiction? I am not even going into that this time though, that's a whole different blog post. Anyways as I stated earlier the economics is bad for decriminalization. You make small amounts okay, what do you think dealers will be selling? Small, safe amounts and like anything, a smaller amount costs more. Which puts more money in dealers pockets. What do you think that money does?  You think the extra profits will go to the Hope mission? No, its going to grow the enterprise. Just like the mob grew with bootleg profits, dealers, criminal organization will grow with more profits. So you are literally funding crime.......

Even after that, look at these drugs. Look at a person on meth and then look at them 10 years later. I thought opioids were a pandemic themselves with deaths sky rocketing but we are letting people have them? I am gonna sidebar here and say legalizing weed was a great idea.  Its true you don't see a guy stoned on weed fighting, robbing, killing. Mostly they are chilling, it honestly causes less problems than beer so why not legalize it and make it safe? That was a good idea. I remember smoking weed one night and then being sick. Sweating, heart racing, freaking out overall. Later I found out it wasn't weed. It was a "coco puff" high grade weed with additives.... This doesn't happen with legal weed, you know what your buying. It is safer, it is less harmful than booze and it can be taxed. Thats why I supported it becoming legal. Harder drugs won't have this. Its not like we will have pure and "safe" meth now. No we just are allowed to carry some. So people will still be making posion. It is doing nothing for the problem. All it will do is make addictions easier and that is not a good thing. 

We need to treat the issue. First more action against organized crime and dealers. Instead of going after legal gun owners, put that effort into illegal weapons. They are tied to drugs & fuck just go harder on dealers! WAY MORE $$$$ into social programs. We shouldn't be saying hey come here and get high. It should be hey come here and get clean. We have a tax increase coming on booze, we have taxes on weed. We have taxes on cigarettes and worst of all we have a virtue signal tax that is doing nothing to save the climate. Put that fucking money into social programs. I am not a defund the police guy, so I am not saying take from there but maybe give them more tools. Maybe put some social workers on staff. Build treatment facilities, programs to help people get off drugs rather than letting them get high easier. How many hundreds of millions does Canada give away to other nations every year? I am not saying stop that. It is a building block of capitalism. The original idea was people would make lots of money and give some away to make the world better. Same can be applied to nations, we have a lot so we can give some but we should also be putting more into our nation rather than just bandaid it. (Remember when the really rich build hospitals, libraries and shit rather than play space cowboy? good times!) Yes what I am saying does require a lot of time and a lot of money and we need to roll up our sleeves to do it but that's what we should be doing rather than just saying meh fuck it get high....

I had more thoughts in my head when I dreamt this up this AM and maybe if they come to me I will edit it but for now that's all. I can't support carrying small amounts of hard drugs. The addictions need dealt with. The social issues that cause them need dealt with. The people feeding this junk to society need dealt with. Simply saying a bit is okay is not a solution. Honestly very few people have the will power to do hard drugs and then just say no. Usually hard drugs become hard to quit. I get the thought behind decriminalization but I am flat out saying it won't work. No more bandaid solutions 

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo