Skip to main content

US Politics and why I can't be a Dem....

 I can't support the Democrats anymore. I will get to why but this doesn't really mean I support the Republicans either. This whole post is brought about by the anniversary of the attempted "coup" in the USA. Where "democracy" was ALMOST overthrown.... lol right

Let me start with had you asked me up until 2013ish I probably would have said I support the Dems. Here in Canada I have always voted Con. (Republican if your not Canadian or close to it)  All my life it seems like I was told that was the right party to vote for & I freely admit a big chunk of that is because I grew up in Alberta. Kenney and the UCP are the first time at any level I did not vote for the cons. They seems power hungry (him for sure) and I never feel that is a good thing. Now as I grew up I voted for the cons as I believe they are the right choice. There is no virtue signaling. They simply do what is best for the people, even if it isn't popular. Of course they are painted as rich white people. Racist, homophobic or whatever awful thing can be thrown at them. Yet the Liberal party is currently led by a man who wore blackface. Dude I grew up in a hillbilly area and even I know that's kinda bad..... I guess for me I am going to choose what's best for society over pretending to be an enlightened social justice warrior. Which is I realize, very hypocritical considering until the last decade I would have voted Dem in the states and I will tell you why......

Pop fucking Culture. Honestly I didn't pay all that much attention to US politics until the mid - late 90s when I was a teenager and things were changing drastically down there..... I remember early 90s reading my comics like X-Force and seeing comments that Reagan was an awful president. Well shit if made up super heroes don't like Reagan, then I won't! You look at MOST the music in the 90s and if they have any politics, they support the Dems or nothing. Very few acts supported the Republicans. Their is an urban legends Eazy E was a Republican. That wasn't true, he was accidentally invited to the White house by Bush because he did donate to an anti censorship member. Not because he believed in Reaganomics or anything. Honestly from the age of 12-20 a Democrat was president and slick Willy seemed like a great guy. Everything I surrounded myself with during my formative years pushed toward Democrats. I went from wanting to be Kurt Cobain to Rage against the Machine. (Rage actually had reading lists you could look up. Stories about people on death row, people who had been handled poorly by the justice system. My heroes read and believed this stuff so blindly I would too. Without looking into everything, not looking at both sides) Equal rights for all, no matter race, religion, sexuality or whatever we should be equal!! I was bombarded with the fact only the Dems wanted that. Republicans hated everyone not white!! None of that is true BTW. So that was it, I come from the generation not raised by pop culture by heavily influenced by it. Television exploded, the internet became a thing, blockbuster movies became a big thing, music expanded. I am not saying we were the first generation that had this but that society changed a lot. Honestly who sits around the dinner table without the TV now? Old timer speaking here but we did when I was young. We don't now.... Things have only gotten worse, we don't even put our phones down now. The point I am getting at is the Dems and supporters I think realized this and we were bombarded with that while I grew up. That the Dems were the right choice and the republicans were all just rich old EVIL white men.

It started with 9/11 and Bush. When he was elected I thought oh great, that's a bad idea. The facts is I wouldn't rate him highly overall as a president BUT he got a huge support bump after 9/11. Sure he was an easy target for comedy (When comedians were funny) but cause he seemed dumb BUT he did okay IMO. So I no longer hated the Republicans. It is maybe important to note I was 20 when he was voted in and 28 by the time he was done. In my own life I went from being a college student in journalism, maybe naïve about the world. To a "man" I use the term loosely cause I was still fairly immature but I had bills I had to pay and had to make it in the world myself. I grew up and maybe grew more Republican. Then came Obama. Honestly he seemed, hip, young smart and progressive. I supported him. Then after a few years I realized he really wasn't that amazing. He did something though, not completely his fault but he can take some of the blame. He polarized the states. A black man came to power! That's fine, I have always said the right person for the job. HOWEVER there was a lot of America that honestly does not believe that. He did show the ugly underbelly of racism in American politics and yes I will admit a lot of that is Republican supporters. He also did somethings that divided the nation further of his own free will not just because of his skin tone. This all worked out great for the Dems though, they could say see look! The right wing is bad! So I went back and forth. While some of his ideas and platforms were amazing, imo at least he was 100% for all the American people. Which is what a pres should be. Then came Prez chump.....

I think it was a gag that went on to long. I swear at some billionaire lunch someone said "Hey Donnie, you should run for prez!" A few mimosas in and Cheeto says "sure Ill do it! In fact I will say the dumbest shit ever, just to see what happens!" What they never saw coming was people were wanting what he was saying. The stuff people say online, around water coolers was what he was saying and he ended up in power. From day one I was against that, read my old blogs.... 

What happened though was insane. Never in history has the mass media attacked a president so much. SNL back in the 80s & 90s did great parody and satire, hell even in to the 00s but it was fair and accurate. Comedians just became not funny. Seth Meyers used to make me laugh my ass off, now without Trump he doesn't have an act.... Honestly if you are in the entertainment industry I don't give a fuck your thoughts on politics or life. MOST of you have the same education as an average joe. You have nothing in common with the real world. Oh no! People are annoying and taking your picture. Ya I get it that would suck, however I would trade that problem for worrying about making rent or groceries. Living pay cheque to pay cheque like so many do. Basically Hollywood no one cares, but actually too many people do care. The world we live in now with social media and such, society is gulping down whatever these people say as gospel. That really confuses me, the Republicans are all rich old white men that you have nothing in common with BUT you are just like the millionaire celebrities you worship?? No they spout off things that make you feel better, then go to their gated communities and never worry about the shit you have to worry about, same as the rich old white men. Except those guys don't lie, whether you like what they say or not at least they are honest. I am no fool, chump winning embolden his far right base and that made the far left and clowns like Anitfa more active. Never before has there been such a dividing president. Oh and he is a moron. There is no way around that, or he spoke like one. Not all his ideas were bad. A lot were, but some were the hard choice picks that cons will do and liberals won't as they won't appear woke. Anyways that isn't an endorsement for him, he was a clown well still is. His presidency let to the final straw with me supporting the Dems.....

Well 2 things actually. 1) The absolute stupidity that became rampant in the Democratic party. Take for example that bright shining star AOC. She says it is more important to be morally right over factually right. WRONG! Morals will change with time. The sad scary truth is it was okay to hate Jews back in Germany in the 30s. Looking back on it now that was awful, but then it was fine. It is more important to be right, rather than appear to be right you silly twat. Maxine Waters actually called for people to accost Trump supporters. REALLY?!? Can you imagine the shit storm if Trump had said that? accost people in the street? Neither way is right but literally that is attacking the foundation of democracy. 2) The attempted "coup" after Trump lost. First I am not getting into it. I mean the root of it, that the election was "fixed". All I will say is it is strange that randomly all of a sudden Biden gets a flood of votes overnight and wins. But it is possible and I guess Joe wins. How are these the two best candidates in a country of 330 plus million?? Someone answer that. So back to the coup. Catch them all, give them all their day in court and what happens, happens. They are criminals and deserve to be punished. Lets stop saying it was an attempt to over throw democracy though. Or if it was it was the worst one ever. It was put down in a few hours and the Dems loved it. It proved how bad the right is. I read conspiracy theories online it was a false flag. I wouldn't go that far, I do believe there are "true" believers out there that think trump is the answer. I don't think the Dems are actually behind it, but damn it worked out good for them. Did we see or hear this from them as America fucking burned? Billions in damage for the summer of 2020 and nothing. Well I guess there was people kneeling to show support for it. EVERY single person that looted and rioted, that burned police stations and killed their neighbors livelihoods should be caught and tried as well as the "coup" people. Why isn't Biden or AOC or anyone crying out for justice for that? Why, because it is their base. It was disgusting and the little respect I had left for Dems left while cities burned.

Now left me finish with what I mean. I don't mind Democrat voters. Most in general are probably good people & they probably are progressive looking for a better world. I don't mind Republican voters either. They also are looking for a better world, just going about it a different way. It used to be the two parties had differences but were both working for the good of America. Now you have decent Republicans and trumptards. These are the guys I don't like. He isn't a good man, he wasn't making America great again but you have become such a zealot you can't see that. Same with the Democrats. Like I said most are probably decent people, just the ones going as far as looting, rioting and thinking they are righteous are clowns. I freely admit I am not American BUT to me it appears currently there are more centered Republicans and that is what America needs.  The more the nation gets divided, the worse things will get there. Right now 100% if I lived there my vote would go to the GOP.

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo