Skip to main content

Random thoughts....

 Futurama needs a come back. I will be honest I didn't pay much attention when it came out. I thought it was a Simpsons knock off cash grab. Boy was I wrong. Simpsons IMO at least was the king of animation. While South Park and Family guy are hilarious and have some awesome episodes no one actually hit suburban life like the Simpsons. I am willing to say up to about the 15 - 18 ish seasons we watched every new episode, it was gold. Now maybe it is being milked.... BUT like always losing focus, anyways I THOUGHT Futurama was a knock off. Yes I know who created it, just thought they were milking. I was wrong, watching the whole series now on Disney plus this is the smartest comedy out there. I want it reaired now so peoples heads explode! With all this fighting over men competing in women's sports I want some gender "Bender" episodes out there. Of course there is plain old jokes but even things in the background or the subtle humor is great. The comments on society alone are just mind blowingly funny. Ill be blunt, comedy right now isn't funny. I flat out blame cancel culture and wokeness for this. So many topics are no fly zones now, heavens no you joke about the wrong things and your a bigot or a racist or a homophobe or whatever. Take Seth Meyers at the beginning of the Trump administration President Cheeto was all he talked about. At the end of his term, thats all Seth had. Donnies gone now and he is still half of Seths set. Its like comedians can't see the whole joke that is Biden... They are stuck on President Bone Spurs. Have we really got so woke that the only safe jokes are against the republican party, trump or white males? As Chump would say Sad.....

Got my Metis status. I know I have been saying for awhile I am Metis. That is cause I knew I was, but I have been way to lazy to actually prove it. It was over a year from the day I submitted my paper until I got my card and piece of paper saying it was true. However it is done, I am now an actual member of the Metis Nation of Alberta. Not 100% sure to actually do with this fact yet.....

Seriously this is the last paragraph I am adding before I post this. I have been on the road some recently and had to move onto new podcasts. I found Behind the Bastards and I freakin love it! First the info is great, a lot of stuff I did not know. It is always entertaining and educational. The guests for the most part are funny as fuck! However I am going to have to steer clear of the episodes about "Nazis". Sadly as great as this pod is and as smart as it seems, it falls into the media that if you don't agree with them you are a Nazi. 


 So that leads me into my issue with the Punching Nazis episode. Sure punch any Nazi you want, first off not everyone is a Nazi. Second the actual thought in this episode was good. It helps, the dumber you act the better it is for real Nazis to say look at the violent left. Then we get into the complaints about police. So there is 3000 Antifa or whatever to 50 "Nazis" and you ask why the police would protect the 50? I am going to say the 6 - 1 ratio is why.... Whether or not you like it the police are to protect people who could be in danger again 6 - 1 I am guessing those are the people in danger.... Plus again the thinking was correct, you have these Antifa clowns screaming in police faces, how do you think that is going to go? The irony is astounding. These basement dwellers can act like giant douche nozzles because freedom of speech is protected, however they are there to oppose any speech they don't agree with. I know they were happy with intimidating the "Nazis" but how well did that work in Sturgis when they showed up there? When the strength in numbers wasn't in their advantage it didn't work out. Also the Marine on there, I dunno seems like a dime store wannabe Frank Castle. Alt right might be Larpers, I agree but counter with Antifa is just the same coin opposite side.  End point is this punch real Nazis. Not everyone you disagree with is a Nazi. Now Robert Evans is awesome, the show is amazing but I doubt we can se eye to eye on certain things.


90% sure I have posted this before but this ISN'T Antifa, this is a terrible meme. Do you see a single face covered? Do they heavily out number the people they are fighting? No these were real heroes fighting a real war, not bored Larpers. Honestly I think the men in this picture would shit kick neo Nazis and Antifa both for their stupidity.

SO Justin called an election. Good for him, if you support him its smart. The conservatives are falling and O'Toole aint about to get anyone back on board. I do have a legit fear that he will win a majority. I hope not BUT it really wouldn't surprise me. Honestly I could see them making headway in Edmonton at least maybe other parts of Alberta. Two things I want to bring up, I do not want to hear Tam say anything about Covid now. Seriously if we are safe enough for the campaign shit show that is coming we are good to go with everything else. Even more than a provincial election this will have people moving through out Canada. So if your leaders can do that we as a people should be free to do it. ALSO I don't like mail in ballots. I get it people will be saying well we mail other important documents! Sure in fact I just got a new credit card in the mail. That I had to take down to the bank with ID to verify before it worked fully. On top of that most important mailed documents are only going 1 way. Your drivers license is just coming to you. You don't have to fill it out and mail it back. There is so many more ways to fuck things up with a mail system and no it isn't me being paranoid its common sense. This is how old this blog is, we all know the outcome. Let me be clear this was a $610 million waste. I am happy they did not get a majority like I thought but I would hope it is showing some people how stupid he is. A failed and expensive power grab....

I am a false Master of the Universe! Let me start with saying I loved the new Netflix series, although it was way too short. I literally watched it all in a couple hours. Although Netflix did try and shame me half way through asking if I was still watching. YES MoFo I am still watching! Either way I really liked it. However I realized I really don't know or remember much about He-Man. Yes I had the toys. Yes I vaguely remember the cartoon but honestly I didn't remember a lot of the back story. There actually is a lot to it! I remember the iconic line By the power of Grayskull! I have the power! But overall it surprised me how little I knew. So sure I am hipstering it right up and saying I like that and I liked a long time ago. (I did! What boy in the 80s didn't!) but no I likely don't know nearly as much as a lot of guys. Either way I can't wait for the second season or whatever! The story was great, the voice casting was awesome..... Just wish we would have heard more I HAVE THE POWER! Oh and FYI if they ever do a live version I am saying Gina Carano as Teela

Music was better back then. Back when you say, well I will say at least 41 years ago closer to 46. or even 20 years ago. That was my favorite music. Listen I get as fun as "nookie" was when it came out I don't think Limp Bizkit is going down as an icon. I can say without a doubt new music sucks! We recently went to a dinner theatre. Night at the museum of rock and roll. Play on night at the museum BUT it is all rock icons that came back to life. Here is the thing, all the songs were great! I  look back on the last 10 years and I swear to god 40 years from now people aren't going to look back and say wow 2010s were amazing in music. In fact knowing WAP was performed at the music awards pretty much sealed the deal new music sucks. 

That worked okay into my MGK rant. Tis guy is either the dumbest SOB in the music industry or he is brilliant. I had no idea who this guy was, Spotify would recommend him because he appeared on Tech N9ne songs or with Yelawolf other than that another white rapper.... Then he had a bright shining moment where everyone knew who he was that listens to rap or even pop music. He did this just in time for his album to drop.... You would think that should give sales a bump. No I guess he said it hurt sales and he moved into rock. Let me be honest, when slipknot first came out I wasn't a fan. They grew on me... I guess a week ago now, he goes out of his way to insult slipknot. Or at least frontman Corey Taylor, claiming Taylor was mad he wasn't on MGK album. See for a minute I thought brilliant, all of a sudden a bunch of metalheads who have no idea who MGK was now know him. (Maybe there teenage daughters know MGK) The thing I guess he didnt understand is "beef" is a rap thing. It doesn't fly in metal. Taylor simply said while he hated to share private things he felt the need to clear the air. He released emails between himself and Travis Barker (Who working with MGK on the album). The emails state how excited MGK was Taylor would work with them. I Believe super pumped is a direct quote.... Anyways Taylor delinced feeling maybe it wasn't the best match but wished them good luck. The exact opposite of what MGK claimed. Which he has yet to deny.... SO dumb as shit? Or brilliant, I mean right now I am blogging about him which on a normal day wouldn't happen. So is he brilliant or just dumb? When the beef with Eminem didn't pan out he moved to rock. With this failure will he move to country and see if Garth Brooks wants to beef?

Also Trumptards please stop! I don't know if he even knew what was going on or if people ran shit for him and had him sit and play on twitter. For you religious nuts, god didn't send him. Believing that is like believing Johnny Sins is actually all the professions he has played. He wasn't out to help America, he was a clown that played you all. He isn't working class, middle America he is what a millionaire? Billionaire? He isn't coming back either... That's all just FYI. He isn't living rent free in my head but it blows my mind I turn on social media and people are still praising him and on the flip side Hollywood is still trying to get laughs from him.

I respect Walt Disney. I have to say his creative side (Just bringing classic tales to life) was amazing. His dream for his parks, everything he did. He did well. Also if you are honest the company he started, just wow. I am a dude who wishes he could make his living in pop culture, the house of mouse has that on lock.... Literally is there any cool thing they don't own? Are they all winners, maybe not. Look at the next Star Wars trilogy.... But then look at Mando. I think it is fair to say not everything can be a hit. As the house of mouse moves more and more corporate some issues arise. I have heard at the park hotels they are sub contracting stuff out now?? That was not Walts dream.... He wanted everything to be perfect and if they move away from their own employees doing this is killing his dream. Again this is one I am sure I was building to a point but lost it....

Phones are scary. Wednesday is comics day, it just is, I look forward to it. I noticed this week how much my phone is actually tracking me. Hopped in the truck plugged in the phone and it tells me 15 minute drive with little traffic. I figured it meant home but no it was to "significant" location. When you think about that, it is really scary......

The fear has set in. I am not about to Qanon it and say Covid was a hoax. It wasn't. I will say this, it might have been overblown. People get sick all the time and if you tell them it is coming it gets worse. Also we are shown these devastating numbers but it isn't really broken out. I may sound cruel but at what point does death just happen? If you are over what 75 and you die might that just be death? Oh they had Covid and it killed them. Maybe but in reality how can you tell? Yes you see some scary as stats of young healthy people dying and it is frightening but how much "death" would have happened either way. Oh and the cold and flu vanished? Bull fucking shit. But I could rant on that forever.... MY point was the fear did set in. I cannot speak for everyone but I still see people out with masks on. Maybe they have underlying problems. Who knows. Not for me to judge (I realize I kind of am) if you want to keep wearing them go ahead. However the fear is what is making them do it, or some of them. It shocked me the other day when I was told a 12 year old didn't want to unmask. It wasn't safe yet. So 16 months of fear and people can be changed. Daily sick and dying counts, half assed lockdowns and society can be changed. How long until this is undone? Will it ever be undone? If I were doing my Qanon hat I would say they know now. How and what to do, to nonviolently change the world we live in. People are broken, meaning mom and pop shops have taken a massive hit. Empty stores fill the local mall and many small towns I have been through. People are scared to get back to normal and we use the term the new normal now. That is in reality very scary that we now live in a world of fear... Reading that paragraph again I do think it sounds like a conspiracy nut. I walk away from that though because I don't know who or why people would do that. Why would you break so many people? Even if you did it would take a MASSIVE group to pull it off. It was just in Canada or the West or something but the entire world. I am not about to believe in some NWO theory, not yet at least....

I have to very briefly explain Cuba it seems. The conservative right will tell you Fidel was a bad dude (In the end he was) However like so many things he didn't start bad. Cuba had a dictator. Batista, remember him? Backed by the USA, friend of the Mafia? Fidel got rid of him, JUST LIKE these American heroes in their revolutionary war. That is kinda why he is a hero, he did free his people. So I get why he is admired by the left. For some reason, some people feel they have it bad, fyi you don't. People like Trudeau admiring him? You haven't seen a rough day in your silverspoon life... THEN he kinda goes bad, real bad. That's all right wing pundits will acknowledge. They aren't wrong, he did become a brutal dictator and that is bad. In the grand scheme of things Fidel is a very complex man that can't be defined simply as good or bad. You are both correct and you are both wrong, so you all kind of sound stupid thinking your are 100% correct on Cuba

Ever heard of the Mole people? I literally thought it was a spoof or something. I guess it was a legit society living under New York in the tunnels. If I get a chance I am going to read more about them. Honestly though I thought it was just something dreamt up for movies. 

Teachers.... This is just a quick thought BUT your opinions don't matter. Not in the class at least. Your job is to educate our children with FACTS. Since I am Canadian lets use Justin Castro, errr Trudeau. Love him or hate him, if you are a teacher NONE of your students should know that. You should be giving the student the knowledge of how the parliament works. You should be teaching them FACTS about the outcomes of events. Spin free! If your doing current events, you should be proposing a question and lettings the students come up with opposing views. It is not for you to be giving anyone your opinions. Your job is to educate people well enough they can form their own opinions from informed sources. 

I don't have a lot to say for video games. I am playing Arkham city again. I can't remember if I mentioned that in a past blog. just finished the main story and only 40% done. I think I will clean up a few more things but then move onto Arkham Knight. I never go into Knight or City really but replaying it I like it so maybe I will for both. Then finish Witcher AGAIN and RDR2. THEN finally I am moving on to Cyberpunk, late this year maybe early next. After all the hype it fizzled fast but I want to still try it. So ya kinda lame on that front sorry. AGAIN wow so far behind! I actually replayed Res Evil Biohazard, which is awesome. Then moved onto Mafia 3. Which doesn't have the best game play but an amazing story.... Sid it before I wish Rockstar made the game but the Mafia writers wrote it. 

Our Space Race now is between billionaires? Remember a few decades ago when it was supposed to be between nations for pride and possibly for security? Now it is just rich guys playing games.... What has happened to the world? Wasn't it Adam Smith who dreamed up free markets or at least that they might lead to great wealth and that those with it would help out others. As was done 100 years ago. I don't think he hoped men could build toys and race for the stars with wealth. Rather they would better the world. How far we have fallen....

I am going to wrap this up with comics. The Batman titles have been amazing, the writing has been amazing but sadly I hear it is all changing. I only HOPE they keep the great stories up after. Hellions, Marauders and Xmen have been great reads as well. Both Ennis series I am reading are awesome. Awa looks like it is going to have a great fall run from previews at least. For the last time I am saying need to cut down my titles.... Of course now X men runs Inferno that I am super pumped for and that will be more issues.....

So there it is, a mess! I am sorry that most things look incomplete. For some reason anything I started I get cut off and come back with something else in mind. So I am posting this. I feel I just need to be done with it and get my mind back on track. My last mental health blog had a lot of views thought I doubt this mess will.... It has dragged on for a few months thats why it is so random.


Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo