Skip to main content

Racism

 Welp Derek Chauvin is guilty of murdering George Floyd. He is, I am not going to say otherwise, had he not been kneeling on George there is a fairly good chance George would still be alive today. I am not about to say what he would be doing because like pretty much every murder victim with a shady past I have heard he was a saint and I have heard he was still a criminal. The fact is he had meth and fentanyl in his system when he died. Law abiding citizens should not have that in their systems.... But no that doesn't mean he deserved what happened, I am simply pointing out facts. So much of this case hasn't really dealt with facts but with emotions. While we are on the emotion part here, Derek was never going to get a "fair" trial. This incident polarized a nation, hell it polarized the western world. 12 Trumptards and he might have walked free. Again I agree with the conviction I am just stating all the facts.... Everyone has heard and formed opinions on this case. Another fact is if any other verdict had come we would be waking up to a city burning again. I am sure some people won't admit it but deep down, its true. Maxine Waters honestly should be charged with treason. She is a congresswoman that said to "get more confrontational" if there was an acquittal? Can you imagine if Trump had said that??? Social media would have imploded, it would be on the news for days. The fact is I only heard about Waters on well twitter and the BBC, funny eh? Media isn't slanted at all.... That's just leading up to the the trial.

I wish I was on CERB. (No not really! I am happy to be working) but it would have been interesting to sit and watch the whole trial. The snippets I got at the end of the day had very different stories. One said the defense was making a great case. Another would say he was buried by the prosecution. I am not a lawyer so I don't fully understand how you can be convicted of 3 murder charges in a single murder. First I 100% agree it was not a 1st degree murder. It wasn't a planned killing. I can go with 2nd degree. The person acting UNINTENTIONAL or intentional lead to a death. Did he mean to kill him? That's the difference and I think this is the right charge. His actions lead to a death and it isn't like manslaughter where someone unintentionally kills someone. It wasn't an accident he was on his back, this wasn't an accident so it isn't manslaughter. Its 2nd degree murder. So having said that how is it 3rd degree? I get it he acted in a way endangered someone and ended in death, so it falls as 3rd degree as well but HOW can it be all 3? To me this is the prosecution throwing it all at the wall and seeing what sticks. Why would they do that, because they know if they don't convict a city burns. So this ramble is saying pick one and charge with it. To me it is CLEARLY second degree murder and that would have been fine but society was out for blood. Fair trial is gone out of fear

 of repeat of last summer or a Rodney King verdict. That's scary. It is saying legality doesn't matter if enough of a mob is set to burn shit down. 

I wouldn't want to be a cop. Ma'Khia was shot dead by the police a couple days ago. Certain people are jumping all over the cops already. For example @Breenewsome has actually said teens have been bringing knives to fights and the police should just let that go? Really?? I dont care your skin color, if you attack another human with a knife I think the police have the right to use extreme force. Then we get Daunte Wright again killed by police. Let's look at the FACTS again. Daunte had a warrant out for his arrest, why? Because he attacked a woman with a gun over $820. He got bail and that to was revoked for carrying a firearm and not checking in with probation officer. From there he resists arrest and get shot. Does being a bad person mean you deserve to die, NO. Thats not at all what I am saying, what I am saying is we are painting these police as villains and painting these "victims" as saints. They aren't, let's stop that and be honest. In Ma'Khia's case I wouldn't even bring charges about. You attack someone with a knife, there is going to be consequences. Daunte well that one is harder. The officer "mistook" her gun for her taser? Maybe, mistakes can be made and I have never been in a job that high stress. So maybe she did make a legit mistake. Also in the officers defense he was repeatedly warned a taser was coming but kept fighting. I could support a manslaughter charge here. It was an "accident" and he is dead so to me it is perfect for that charge. 

I have to add on something much more local here. The Rosslyn school attack. A week ago we were horrified by the "news media" that a black child had been brutally attacked by a group of other kids and a racial slur was heard on the video. (First off why are kids so dumb now? Why would you tape and post this?) In all honesty it was pretty brutal to watch, but I had to tweet and ask for more info. If nothing else the last few years should teach everyone there is ALWAYS more to the story. The video actually looked like some POC were involved in the attack. So at that point how is it racially motivated? Here is the scary thing, if the police didn't do anything the "community" would. That's what the news was told. WTF does that even mean?? BLM looting and burning or what? Anywho a week passes and the police look into it. As per normal there is more to it. Now I am not sure what a "consensual" fight is, if I had to guess it is the same fights that have been happening at school for decades. That it isn't some racist attack but a normal teenage boy stupidity fight. Here is what's gross, the victim saying it is racial. The media doing everything it can to get the woke-ity woke people frothing at the mouth over how bad Edmontonians and Albertans are. How quick "we" all were to eat it up. Racism has been weaponized. It is now to shame anyone who isn't ULTRA woke. That's wrong as well. A couple days ago a local media personality did a rant on how people need to shut up if they are white and not woke. Dude let me be 100% clear. Racism can go both ways. It isn't just white people who are racist. Also I am glad that everyone is so woke now. I mean for as long as Edmonton has been around there has been racism against Native Canadians. (Can I even us that term anymore?) None of you people gave a shit. Most of you still don't. Its not popular or mainstream. You can't take pics and post what a marvelous human you are for being involved in a movement. You can't show how evolved you are and better than the rest of us. You don't care about racism until its hip....

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo