Skip to main content

Justice for the DCEU

 The original Justice league was not a bad movie. Also the Zac Snyder cut is not really an amazing movie. It is pretty simple, the original was rushed out to compete with the Infinity War and that was just a bad idea... As I have said before. So let me quickly fix DC

Man of Steel was awesome. If you wanted to make a DCEU MoS was a great start. It sets the darker tone than Marvel making it clear it isn't just going to be a clone of the MCU. The original Wonder Woman was also SO GOOD! Full disclosure I am a Marvel guy. DC never really did it for me. Superman was never a big thing and I honestly don't think to this day I own a Wonder Woman comic. These 2 movies actually made me care about DC. But right there you already screwed up DC! It went MoS, Bats V Supes (DoJ) then WW. Nope, WRONG if anything it should have been MoS, WW, a Batman movie then DoJ and DoJ should be considered the first Justice League movie. You got impatient, likely to keep up with Marvel and that screwed everything up. WW comes second to give her some story and then a Bats movie. First I don't hate Batfleck. As an older angry Bats he is okay. Also IF you want, having him older does open it up he can do a few movies and move on. A nightwing or something can take his place. That is thinking ahead and franchising. Everyone knows Bats origin so you don't have to make that movie, however if your making the oldest on screen Batman maybe work up to that. In JL they say he has been fighting crime in Gotham for 20 years, this has to put him AT LEAST 45. You need something before you try a DoJ movie. All you have to do is lay out the big 3 and then you can do DoJ. So that's some timeline shifts right there

Next still kill Supes. Make your Suicide Squad, then make a Flash & an Aquaman. Pepper them both with some cameos and backstory for Cyborg, maybe the lantern corps. Set the fucking stage! Maybe you like Marvel movies, maybe you don't. Maybe you are one of the guys who likes DC movies, I dunno. The one thing Marvel does way better than DC and IMO the biggest difference is Marvel built worlds. Before Loki attacked NY we knew all the Avengers. Maybe not well but we had an idea. DC just threw everyone out saying here they are! Had there been more build up JL would have been a much better movie. Off track there but at least 3 movies between DoJ and JL. You could put more even. Supes dead opens up a great big world to explore. So in my DCEU we are sitting at 7 movies before JL. 7! At least, could make more even. Not 4! If you want to create an epic franchise then do it. Take the time.

So on to JL and my opening statement. The first cut wasn't bad, in fact the only reason the Snyder cut is any better is more story is told and that could have all been done with having more movies leading up to it! There are little details that I don't know why they were left out of the original. Martian Man Hunter could have been there. An explanation for Darksied could have been there. I have no idea why that shit was cut. Another random thought, the motherboxes could easily have come up in prior movies had more been made. WW and an earlier Aquaman could easily have explained this. That's all you will get out of me Snyder cut wasn't amazing, it was what should have been done with more movies and less rush. There is so much potential that was set up, after JL they could go so many different ways with their cinematic universe. I just hope they don't rush it.

My last couple thoughts are A) you don't get a do over. That's just cheesy. I would have taken the lumps, learned and tried to move forward in a positive direction. But I guess since WW84 so was bad they wanted a win?? Which JL counts now, is canon the first or the new one?  B) Leto is a terrible Joker. Literally almost as bad as "Gotham" TV Joker was.  There are only 2 ways he is good.  First if him and Harley ACTUALLY become big parts of the DCEU he could be okay. Heath and Joaquim well they could never have a Harley and they are AMAZING Jokers. If they are going to make these two a big part of the franchise then I guess he is okay. OR is he Jason Todd? I heard fan boys rant he was, then I could get behind him. Then his scene in Snyder JL is actually amazing. I can forgive some of how annoying he is in Suicide Squad if he is Jason. Then I kind of get his fucked up rambling. His not being a crazy genius but simply a gangster makes more sense. I mean I prefer the dark scary joker but if that isn't what DC wants to run with that's fine. I mean I am writing this to save DC and I think they should run a scary Joker. Leto couldnt cause Injustice IMO. So to make it work I would roll dark Joker or have a Joker before Leto. 

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo