Skip to main content

Wrasslin

I wasn't going to do this. I was going to finish the blog that has been on my desktop for a few days, that was interrupted by Tiger King and being lazy BUT I feel I want to get it off my chest. So here will be a short rant on wrassling! it was going to be a couple lines in a random thoughts blog but nah after seeing what a single comment did to that "fandom" I feel the need to well, respond.

Bit O background. Some wrestler, no idea who said maybe they shouldn't be performing right now. Tagged Vince Mcmahon in the tweet. Clown A goes off saying no Vince is the man who brought so many great events blah blah blah. I simply responded with "Wrestling isn't real." WOW I don't think I have ever stirred up so much shit online in my life.

Let me be clear. Vince is a joke. Don King with better hair? Or worse? WWE is a joke as well. Having any event like that right now is dumb. When REAL that's right folks, REAL sports are cancelled why is some scripted shitshow still on? The only reason would be to make that $$$. Other TV performers are staying home, finding ways to make things work and well, athletes while chomping at the bit to get back also have enough common sense that they can't work right now. On top of that its 2 days? Not just 1? When or why did that happen, it used to be one, a huge event but just one day..... Serious what the fuck is wrong with you Vince / wrasslers? I know you take some blows to the head but fuck...  That's my straight up issue, like do whatever you want but when a whole fucking organization is dumb I don't have the patience for it.

Honestly like what you want. I loved nerd shit like Lord of the Rings back in the early 90's way before it was a blockbuster. When kids into fantasy were strange. I love comics, I waste hours being a pretend cowboy on an Xbox. I am white and I listen to rap. I see every Marvel movie on opening day and watch kids Disney movies all the fucking time. I know I am nerd. Mock me liking the Star Wars fandom and buying baby Yoda pillows for our house. I don't care, people like what they like. So I am not about to judge you on what you like.

Truth, I liked wrasslin until I dunno early 2000s. It got too corny. Oh and I started going, ya know outside. Playing hockey, going to clubs, leaving the dank basement I lived in. I guess I out grew it, also I can't think of anyone I like, respect or think is half bright that still likes wrasslin. The last one I can think of that I know that actually still watching is in mid 40s living in a 1 bedroom apartment in shit town pretending to be a bad ass making just above minimum wage. He actually thought we should send the Undertaker over to Afghanistan, that he would intimidate terrorists. No, pretend fighters in tights don't scare real killers.....

I would have left it alone after I posted a smarky comment letting them know wrestling is fake. But WOW did that blow up. Sometimes I do post shit, simply to stir shit up, this one was not meant to BUT I don't think I have ever done such a good job. So it started, we know it fake! Then to trying to attack me personally. I did not know there was so many rabid half wits in the world.... But I guess WWE has over 10 million followers and people did vote for Trump so I shouldn't be surprised. I did try and explain that my snark is for the WWE not the fans, I tried to respond to a few but couldn't keep up. I have a job, we might not be busy but it became an all day long thing.... Then I just ignored (Unless it was a very stupid comment) The funny thing was there was a couple decent people with decent points and a response to them usually went well but most, it was painful to try and talk to. I figured fuck I will just rant here. Rather than try and keep up with a thousand twitter threads.....

So here we go.... Try not to all get your panties in a bunch, I don't mean this for everyone of you. I am sure some (Maybe the bulk) of you are decent people and your fandom is wrestling. Cool, if it is good on ya. This is for the clowns on twitter who for the most part looked like their parents were not even cousins, but brother and sisters. You creep me out. Why do half of you have long hair that looks like it needed washing last week? I actually don't care if a dude has long hair, hell maybe by the end of this pandemic I will, but I can guarantee that it won't look like it aint seen shampoo in months. Also seriously your banners and pics are wrasslers? Is the whole thing that made you all so mad that you aren't wrasslers? Maybe you tried and failed? Angry like hockey parents at the rink or what? Yes hockey is that REAL sport where the end isn't known at the beginning. So is that it, me pointing out what you failed at isn't even real? Pretty sure 99% of you don't look like John Cena or whoever is popular these days. Please don't take your anger on failing out on me for telling you the truth. Next we get a guy who is wearing a bandana over his face and live streams video games. REALLY?! Are you 12? Do you live in your moms basement still? A few hours later he comes back and calls me a keyboard warrior (I admit this rant some what is) I blew him kisses and I think that confused and turned him on. He vanished after I asked if his mom was making him and his Antifa buddies sandwiches for the revolution. Next they gotta do some digging. Comments like, ya well you like comics! They aren't real! Really? Avengers wasn't a documentary??? Holy fuck... Comics never try and play out like they are real. I assume these are the same people who think the Walking Dead on AMC is a true story..... The ones who yell at actors at shit like conventions. Then you get the ones who say shit like I dare you to say that to Steve Austin! Okay.... These are the ones that really worry me, you know he doesn't really go around giving "stunners" all the time right? I would assume he knows its an act. Also "Hulk" Hogan doesn't actually start shaking and become unstoppable. Oh and the Ultimate Warrior, pretty sure his birth certificate has another name on it..... Then people need to try and get REAL personal. That's kinda why I don't put TOO much of me on there. Your writing sucks! Alright, I want to lash back. To tell her she had a face for radio, but it is okay cause love is only a light switch away as I am sure she would spend her life finding out. BUT I had to bite my tongue, that might be too mean and likely another twitter ban. The last ones are the snoodlers (If you don't know snoodling go look it up on urban dictionary) One says something, I dunno if they think its clever but then another follows it up. I think they snoodle to share brain cells and try and be witty.... The last is the injury screamers. YES I know people get injured. It is a high impact show, so guess what accidents will happen. In the REAL world people get hurt as well. See even at my shop people have lots fingers, been injured to not work for months. Thankfully no deaths but saying people get injured in wrasslin is dumb. Of course they do just like any other job. I never said it wasn't a job.... Last was the length, do you people have 0 lives? Almost 3 days people still were attacking me. 3 days. In that time I could have written this blog over and over. I waited to see if anything actually got witty. Fuck me, some of you are painfully dumb. Some of you, I mean the normal people who watch wrestling, cheer on their favs and boo the heels then carry on with life well you are okay. I hope I didn't offend you too much cause like I said I don't take issue with you.

There it is, my wrasslin rant. My issue isn't with your fandom, it just isn't for me. My issue IS with greed and stupidity. It ISN'T real, it is a business like so many others. So why are they still working? Trust me it is not essential. I was just blown away by the rabid anger in WWE fandom. Like chill, make fun of fantasy, video games, comics whatever you need to.  I might snap back, I wont lie. But I sure won't make it personal, unless you do. Then yes I will and I can be quite a jerk. Truth is I am not going to promote this blog too much. 1) It isn't really a good one. It is me ranting, which is honestly not much better than the twitter clowns. 2) You can like your fandom. We don't have to agree, my beef isn't with you. It isn't with wrestling, it is with greed and stupidity that the WWE has shown. There you have it.... Now for real I am going to finish the blog I started the first weekend of staying home and going mental! 

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo