Skip to main content

Me VS Unknown

What is in the great beyond? Let's start with that. What happens when we die, is it literally worm food? Do you either head to a heaven or a hell? Maybe you come back as someone or something else, if you are being punished or have more to do? Can we come back and haunt or try and give messages. I dunno why these things have been on my mind but they have. I think maybe it started with a psychic. He had a "hard time" reading me. He claimed to do past life readings, so he must believe in them. Who else does? I am going to warn you this might get hard to read. Rambling, cause I don't know the reason I am writing just want to express I guess

Let’s start with my thoughts. I don’t know what happens and that is kinda scary the more I think about it. I believe there is something bigger than us out there. So I assume there is something after this life BUT what?? I have a hard time with heaven and hell. That if you don’t believe in the right thing you are doomed to damnation. So you can be a great person but if you don’t follow the “right” god you’re going to suffer for eternity? I am just saying that doesn’t sound like a loving god. No matter which one it is. Having said that, I believe that there is more out there as well, a spirit world. IS it angels? Demons? Relatives coming back that cause hauntings? I don’t know BUT I do believe there is something. The freaky thing with that thought is, once someone is gone can they peek in on your life? Do they shake their head when they see the person you are. If you are a let down to them. Magic, séances, psychics I can believe that to. Not all of them mind you, I would bet 50% or more are cons but I think there are those that can do these things.

Let’s use god as generic. Not the Christian god, or the Islamic god or the Jewish god or any other deity specifically but as a general thing. I think it has to exist. Something pulled this universe into existence. I believe that. I believe in evolution as well. Sure something created the universe but I think it could grow and change over time. You can believe both, I get tired of people saying they can't co-exist, why couldn't they? If a god is loving and wants people to do right, then I also can believe in hell. A place for those who don’t do what a caring god wants. NOT for non believers, but for people who do wrong. Evil humans. I would think a caring god would be more concerned that one tried to do good, rather than how much they worshiped. That is what my puny human mind comes up with. I admit I could be wrong and am maybe damning myself but that is what I believe, if it is a loving god. HOWEVER we don’t know, it could be based solely on following the right religion and being a zealot. Its a scary thought but maybe the "crazies" are doing gods will. Ya I find it hard to believe he would want murder but.... How would we ever know which one was right though?? I mean what if it was the ancient Greek gods. Maybe everyone who doesn’t worship Zeus is doomed. Or Odin, maybe every soul, pretty well for the last thousand years has been wrong and is doomed. Or is it simply a single one, interpreted differently by many peoples and it is sad that we kill each other over who is right. It is funny that many religions over the world have similar stories. Why did that happen? Is there just actually one god disappointed in humanity. I lean towards that when I see how similar many religions are. Another random thought what if it is like American Gods? What if everyone is real?

What about ghosts? I think hauntings are real. Some of these ghost hunter shows seem to go a bit overboard. Like stretching it but I believe ghosts exist. Now what are they I can’t say, are they friends, family that are gone or something not so nice. Hard to say. I have heard various people tell various stories about encounters with what I would call ghosts and I am not about to share them all but some were pretty chilling things. Not even scary chilling, but chilling how accurate the stories are. The only time in my own life I can think of I was showering. I lived alone in a rental house and I was noisy as hell. I was singing in the shower, home alone and plain as day I heard someone yell shut up! I shut off the shower hopped out and searched the house. I was alone. I should clarify I don’t mean ghosts like slimmer from ghostbusters but hauntings. Oh and recently I was writing about this wondering if people could give us a sign. I put my pen down went into the washroom to get ready and for 10 minutes the lights flickered. I checked the bulbs, nothing was wrong. Even tightening them didn’t change it. Literally 5 minutes after wondering if there was signs of ghosts and such that happened. Or if it isn’t someone coming back what is it? Do spirits hang around sites of great horror? Unable to move past the tragedy they saw. Last thought on this one, I had an imaginary friend for a few years when I was kid. Like deep, to the point he had a place at the table (Yes my family spoiled me a bit and indulged this) BUT what if he wasn’t imaginary. It was posed to me what if there was a spirit, someone to be a friend when I was an only child?

Psychics, they started me down this whole train of thought. Years ago in Vegas I was on Freemont and a “psychic” had a stand there. I really wanted to go get a reading but just before I went two guys who looked like they belonged in the mob walked over talked to her. She put up a closed sign and left. So that fell through. That is really just ramble but ever since then I have wanted to see one. So a month maybe more ago my wife and I did. First I have to say, it has to be taken with a grain of salt. Some things are so vague ANYONE could interpret what was said into their lives. However some things were so bang on, it is hard to deny. This is without a questionnaire or anything before. I am saying they didn’t have time to do a quick google / social media search on us. (I think the modern era helps fakes a lot if given time to prep.)  All from flipping over cards. The thing I thought was interesting with me, I was hard to read. But he seemed to see 2 things. One I had a chance to make some money and 2 My ideal path was different than what I was doing. Words and ideas is how I wanted to make a living. Then he said I would have a chance at that... Thats what I take with a grain of salt. His things with me were more vague than my wife who was pretty bang on. Is that because I was a skeptic? However if his one prediction does come true, I will give him full credit. Again I am a believer to an extent, I think people might be blessed with feelings. General ideas how things are headed BUT I do not believe in fate so I can’t say these people would be 100% accurate. Maybe they can see some wealth coming, or a health issue BUT I don’t think it is like Doctor Strange in Endgame and they can pinpoint the exact future.

ALSO like I said I think there are a ton of fakes. Crooks who would play on peoples feelings. Seances for example. Talking to lost loved ones seem like a great way to rob a person. Some research and a good actor I am sure one could hoodwink someone out of a lot of money. Like to be honest I would give almost anything for a few more minutes talking to someone important to me and I am willing to bet the right conman could totally play on me. Can Ouija boards work, can some people open themselves up to the point they can communicate with people who have moved on, ya I think that could be true. I think maybe some people have more to say or wanted to say before they moved on.

Past lives is a hard one, this gets right down to beliefs. Like I am no scholar but if you follow the major religions that writes out reincarnation doesn’t it? Don’t you move on to heaven, hell or somewhere in most of them? But some people think you come back. The psychic did past life reading. I wanted to try that but didn’t have enough money for both. Have I been here before? If so who was I? Or why would you come back?? Honestly this is a topic I know nothing about BUT I think even for laughs it would have been funny to hear. Also the alternate universes, are they out there??? Is there 1000s of me doing 1000s of things in the universe. Somewhere am I a writer? Did I finish college?? Or is there a me still living in GP? It makes me wonder enough that I have a story in the works about it.

Magic…. Okay I get it, what was magic years ago well science has explained. Potions, alchemy all that good stuff I think is more science that wasn’t understood back in the day. So is it real? Forms are practiced all over the world. I would assume there must be something to it. But if so, where would the power come from? How would one learn to control it? How powerful would it actually be? Could you cause someone to stub their toe or would it be something much, much bigger.....

Last thing, I mean I have gone way away now but what about creatures? Aliens, I for one think must exist. Our universe is MASSIVE. I think it is almost arrogant to believe we are alone. But what about other things? Vampires, werewolves, hell dwarves, elves? Did they exist at some point? Keep in mind the earth is MILLIONS of years old. Were there things before humans? Is that were the stories come from? Most stories have some base in fact. Do they maybe still walk among us? Ponder it!


SO thats all, me versus the unknown. I know its ramble, it is literally what fell into my brain. Things I wonder about the wide world. Some of it like god and what happens after death kinda scare me, or worry me. Some of it I just wonder if it is real? It is crazy how much we don't actually know in this world. 



Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo