Skip to main content

March / April Fluff

SO I said I wasn't going to blog for a bit cause I was pouring all my time into finishing a manuscript. I lied. Not on purpose but I find it is easier to take a break just rant a bit and then get back at 'er. SO here is just some unedited fluff of the last few weeks.

Everyone has heard about the Humboldt Broncos tragedy. I am not going to say much about it, what more can you?? I read it could be used as a Canadian fiction tragedy. All these young hockey players cut down before their lives even began. And yet it is fiction, it happened. It was terrible. Lets talk about the aftermath. First what are they doing with the $15 million raised??? I hope it is used for good things. I would think it will be but when you start talking about that much $$$ shady things always become involved. Rebel media and Ezra hit an all time new low. That is really saying something... Using it to sell rebel??? Come on, you want to know the truth that is the most un Canadian thing ever done, using dead hockey players as a tool..... And let's be fair Nora Loreto was a fucking twat for her comments. I get it, I understand what she is trying to say. She does have a valid point but common sense and even a tiny bit of class / good taste should have been used. Ya it got huge attention in Canada. It was dead Canadians on the way to play Canada's game. It was children, like use your head you silly woman. There is a time and place to be a Social Justice Warrior, that wasn't fucking the time!!! Now let's look at the other side. People threatening her with violence, rape and so on is fucking sick. First off how many of these people would say that in real life??? Second I really doubt the actual victims in this tragedy would want that. But slow clap to all you dumb fuckers threatening her.... just wow.

On the topic of hockey NHL playoffs started. Pittsburgh could yet again face Washington. I really want it and I finally want Ovi to beat the second round curse. I bet on L.A winning. SO I am already screwed on that. Who would think the Knights could sweep them. We will see how they do against a team like San Jose who can score. Now my ideal cup final is Wash Vs Vegas. My brain though is saying Tampa Vs Nashville.... Or possibly SJ. Anyways I guess only time will tell.

Gas prices have gone mental. Is it the carbon tax? I heard Trump attacking Syria is affecting it too. But paying over $1 a litre is bananas and we are at $1.2. Oh and while we are on that topic fuck you stupid fucks protesting Kinder Morgan. I am quickly losing the ability to even deal with clowns like the premier of B.C. or that old half wit Elizabeth May. You understand that this would help Canada right?? You do understand our Carbon Footprint is tiny and as long as people leaving the major ones don't change all we are doing is hurting ourselves? We have ethical oil but no it is much better to support outside of Canada. And Mike Hudema wow just fucking wow. You sit and tweet from a product made from petrol about the evils of it. Seriously are you clueless?? Ya we need to do things to help the world but there needs to be a balance. Painfully stupid.

I don't have any new music to rave about.... Finally saw Black Panther and it is really good. I think it is good cause you can almost forget it is a super hero movie. It is just a really good movie. Can't lie so pumped for Avengers. Yes that one will be a super hero movie but damn it looks good. My concern is screen time.... I mean I am sure the big names will get some but how are you going to divide it between that many titles?I think it is a set up actually, I read they are still all  under contract for one more Avengers movie. I think this will all be a set up for a MASSIVE movie. Now that Disney owns the X universe how long until we see that cross over??? Also Deadpool is soon, I hope it keeps up. It looks good but look at Ted 2...... On an unrelated side note saw the Greatest Showman last night. Also super good, even for a musical. Made me interested in the real story of PT Barnum.

We had a "sales" summit for our whole company last weekend. I was in a hotel in Cowtown for two nights. Here is what I got from it..... Some good info. I actually learned a lot. I also realized I could never get to much into a corporate world. I can't handle the rah rah us! I like sales, I like shaking someones hand and making an honest deal. Sitting there seeing how big we actually are I really realized everything I do, even if I enjoy it is putting money in someone elses pocket. Someone who has annoyed the hell outta me the few times I have met them. Fake smiles, suits all that jazz is not me.

Television.... Let's be honest Walking Dead hasn't been amazing. Before Negan came I was almost done with it. Then he revitalized that show. The war story line was cool but it went no where. How long did this season actually take??? 5 days? The show while super intense progressed 5 days? I mean ya they mastered making it intense but nothing happening!!! Thank god they kept Negan alive. Thank god they left nuggets of a possible good next season with the heli and the crazy woman trading records. "Dark" Maggie though...... Come on and Jesus of all people siding with her? Riverdale is another one I gotta wonder about. Archie turned total D bag until a musical episode??? Somehow a few high school boys can take on the NY mob? And Lodge is what one of the heads of the five families??? Come on, the Serpents are at least believable. Oh and the black hood is still alive?? Guess we can see how that plays out.

SO Easter I was at home, first off Trager smoked turkey, ya that's the way to go. Even the white meat is good but that wasn't the most interesting thing about Easter. I was going through my grandfathers house and found a copy of Mein Kampf. Not like an old one but a recent one since it has been easier to buy in the last few years. Here is what I got from it, he wasn't an idiot. He had a few good ideas but THEN boom insanity! You read it and totally  understand how Germans could get behind him back then, how he has a few useful thoughts then off into insano land.

My Xbox went kaboom. So with my tax return I went and bought a new one. I traded in the game that came with it to get Injustice 2. My fiance likes that game so it is something we can play together. Kinda cool relationship wise right?? Haven't started story mode yet but the characters are cool. Leonardo the TURTLE! damn I like this game. So here is what is neat about these new consoles. I barely lost anything. I thought I would have to start from square 1 in all my games but no other than old Tell Tale games it saved it all. I admit I was kinda sad, looked forward to starting a new NHL career or starting Witcher again. On video games I hate to but the newest Batman wasn't that great by Tell Tale. The final episode was good, finally John becoming the Joker but to get to that was some long boring episodes. And the whole Alfred or Batman, I dunno what that is leading into..... Hope something good. But I do have hope fr Tell Tale to make an awesome end to Walking Dead, a good Wolf sequel and maybe someday another Game of Thrones. I really did like that one....

What to say about politics.....? Meh not much. I mean Justin T is still a clown. Dunno if I ranted about his India trip yet, I am not about to but he is seriously making Canada look stupid all around the world. I guess now you can get away with a turban inside of a motorcycle helmet. Personally I don't care, I mean if they fall well too bad I guess. My issue is I couldn't go helmetless even if I wanted to. Why? Kenney is still bent on bringing out the worst in people. His UCP sheep walked out on a vote that really shows were they stand for womens issues. This is bad for the right and centre parties. He will have enough support that again it will split the vote and the NDP may make up the government again. Or UCP might, likely either will be a minority. Which in theory I like, cause they should work together BUT in the end it will just be a house divided. Nothing useful will come out of it. I want to vote for AB party but voting Stephen Mandel as leader has me very iffy. I don't like or trust him, however I do understand as a party starting out he might be good to have. People do know him and he does know people

Kitchen renos have had my house in shambles for 2 weeks. Finally as of today they are done. Tomorrow when the last things set we can put things back and the world will be back to normal. It is funny how much one actually uses the kitchen. This whole thing has been a pain BUT I will admit it does look sharp....

FUCK OFF WINTER! I have said that sooooo much this year and it looks like it finally has. And I am happy about that, except for the dog turds!!! I clean it almost weekly and think it is clean but as the snow has melted it has turned into a nightmare. The only "chore" of sorts I have left this weekend is cleaning dog shit swamp up. Nasty!!!!

Anyways ranted a bit, gotta go do some real life stuff outside of my house! Plus tomorrow maybe I can get back to real writing and be done a manuscript in a week or two, thats the goal at least.

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo