Skip to main content

Random March Junk!

Some random shit bugging me, well first I am sitting in a Tim’s blogging like some sort of hipster douche!! But oh well without the worldwide web I might not get distracted! But why is it Tim’s is against English speaking people. I really hate not knowing what people preparing my food and drink are saying. Specially when they laugh….

Going to see Beauty and the Beast tomorrow. Honestly it looks good. I think Disney sunk a lot of money but into a winner. Emma looks like she nailed it! I mean Disney might try making everything a live action reboot but this one looks good. To the people protesting a gay character just give you damn head a shake! I am thinking you may be closeted and worried seeing a gay Disney chartcer might make you come flying out of the closet.
   
The Oilers well they scored 14 goals in 2 games, that’s 7 a piece! Here is the thing Oiler fans. That is not the CUP!!!! I like the rebuild. It actually started. Not like the last decade or two.  Within 5 years the Oilers may actually win a cup. (Unless they are the Sharks or Caps who can dominate but fail over and over.) IN fact in 3 they may push for the cup. OR they may win within my 5 year bet. The fact is all you band wagon jumpers can piss off.  Oiler fans annoy me, not real fans but the one who only started cheering with McJesus and who shit on them when they lose a game or two. My online draft is done. After having a huge season it looks like I will be out in the first round of the playoffs L. Another thing I blame Patrick Kane for.

Buried a friend last week. Here is the sad and scary thing. You work all your life, then you retire. This poor bugger well he didn’t even live out one year of retirement. I don’t want that. Besides spiders I think I have a big fear of a wasted life. Every day billions of people get up go to work. Come home have a couple hours to themselves and then bed to do it all over again. If you work from 20 – 65 and have two weeks holidays that means you work 11250 days. As opposed to having 5130 days off. Then when you are finally free you are too old to enjoy it.

HMV is closing / closed….This is sad to me. I loved that store. Just like Netflix (much as I love it) is killing old s school DVDs iTunes is killing record stores L IN high school pay day meant new CD day! Was my favorite day and now it is all gone….

NDP got themselves in shit yet again. Deputy Premier called Albertans Sewer rats. Now this is mis quoted. Guys like Brian Jean or that Rat Ezra Levant will use anything they can to tear apart Alberta. It is honestly sickening. She did use the term sewer rats yes. It was directed to people like Ezra who honestly don’t want to help but simply to tear down. Also he blocked me on Twitter and I can’t get an answer as to if he even lives in this province. She misspoke and apologized move on we have much bigger problems like our budget!

The Alberta budget is crap. Sorry but total crap. Really lightbulbs in street lights is a priority? Also low flow showerheads??? I get it, you are trying to take a step in the right direction. That is a good thing but in the wrong time. Albertans are hurtin, that should take priority over a tiny carbon footprint. I tried to support the NDP but I do now know they need to go. More money into schools, great BUT what about the half full or unused ones?

Enough politics for today, let’s move on to some pop culture. Walking dead finally got back on track. The last 2 ish seasons have not been great. Alexandria has been boring. Negan makes it great again. 3 episodes left, I do hope they don’t kill him off! That show can’t afford to get boring again. God waiting for Game of Thrones is making me mental!! Netflix is amazing. Watched all of Daredevil, that show was amazing. Huge props to both Punisher and Fisk to they did amazing. On to Luke Cage, it is good not on the same level though. Really digging Riverdale. It for sure isn’t the old school comics but it is really good…. For a CW show. Another on Netflix got me into was Ripper Street. This is actually really really good. It is a British period piece but I would recommend it to anyone!! Last one is Making of a Murderer. I am going to write a blog solely on that. What a fucked series. Here is the thing, I do think something bad did happen on that car lot or what the fuck ever it was. I am not sure that Steven Avery did anything though. That was FAR from proven. But I won’t get too much into that beings as it is another blog.


Last I guess is some music and games. I am still hooked on Mafia 3. I wish it had the budget of GTA. The story was more interesting but the downfall is it is the same thing over and over. NHL needs something new. 2017 is the first NHL game I haven’t been hooked on. Usually I have the rookie season done within a month this time meh…. Telltale games Batman kicked ass. I am becoming a huge fan of Telltale. I am going to pick up the newest walking dead. I hope it got better I did not like the first one. However Wolf, Batman and Game of Thrones were amazing. Hooked on Yelawolf still. He is basically what Kid Rock wanted to be. A talented rapper with a Red Neck side. Turns out Kid Rock is just semi retarded. Been reading Fables comics. If you are into Fairy Tales with a twist pick up the first Graphic Novel. Betcha like it….

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo