Skip to main content

M103 is Bad M'Kay

I am having a harder and harder time trying to defend my ideas these days. See I believe in Canada a country based in Democracy where all people are equal. Not matter race, religion, sexual orientation, age and on and on. All people are equal. Over the last few decades people (Gen x'ers with first world problems. Millennial with no back bone) have worked very hard to undermine it all. See it used to be okay to say Merry Christmas. This nation was built as a country that celebrates this Christian holiday. Sorry deal with it. Then that became offensive to people. We used to say the Lords Prayer in school, then that got taken away. I get that, in public school NO religion really should be allowed. But people not standing for the National Anthem in school is BS. But I guess that to offends people. Here is what Canada is (or should be), a free place for everyone. I wanna celebrate Christmas so let me and I will let you keep the holidays in your own way. To me that's it, all men are equal. If you want to come to Canada, you are welcome to! However you need to a certain degree assimilate. You can keep your beliefs and customs but you still have to live in a Canadian country. Don't demand I change my values or way of life. Bill M103 is the most extreme case of trying to chip away our Canadian values and it is scary. What it is pushing for is a very dangerous slope. I am catching flack about not supporting it on twitter BUT at this point I do have to stay enough is enough.

M103 sounds Canadian as all hell.  (Condemn Islamophobia and all forms of systemic racism and religious discrimination) Condemning all forms of racism and religious discrimination, being good people and not discriminating is as Canadian as Timmies, Hockey and going out in a tee shirt in plus 5 in the winter. But wait doesn't that already exist?? IN our charter of rights and freedoms??

Section 2 of the Charter

Which lists what the Charter calls "fundamental freedoms" namely freedom of consciencefreedom of religionfreedom of thoughtfreedom of belieffreedom of expressionfreedom of the press and of other media of communication, freedom of peaceful assembly, and freedom of association.

Okay seems to me like the freedom to be Muslim is there.....

Now lets look at section 15

Section 15: equal treatment before and under the law, and equal protection and benefit of the law without discrimination.

M103 is already here. The Canadian criminal code states

(i) evidence that the offence was motivated by bias, prejudice or hate based on race, national or ethnic origin, language, colour, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, or any other similar factor, . . . shall be deemed to be aggravating circumstances.'' 

So everything M103 wants is already enshrined in our Charter and Criminal code. Then why even waste time on this bill? One word Islamaphobia. What the fuck does that even mean?? The editing program says that's not even a word. It is an unnatural fear of Islam? What does that even mean, aarrghh I don't know? I can't speak out against it? South Park can't spoof it? When you table a bill there has to be clear definitions. This bill doesn't have it and that it the problem. No one really knows what it is and what can be done with it. It seems to be raising one group above all others, it is saying hey what you already have enshrined isn't good enough for our group. Honestly it seems like pandering to lock in votes by a party who is losing popularity....

Example A) Gay pride march not always popular. People do show up and protest it. They are free to do so. Will Bill M103 make protesting Islam illegal?  Will it be against the law, discrimination to want to slow down the refugee situation? Depending on the judge it could be.

Example B) Now I know this is an extreme example BUT what about honor killings? A girl shames her family and she gets offed. Does M103 protect that as it is part of the belief system? We are no longer allowed to discriminate against Islam.....

My point is this bill is a fucking joke. It is trying to overstep the not only the Canadian Criminal Code it is trying to raise a single group over the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. NO single group should be above others. In Canada all people are equal under the law and protected by the same laws. Any politician who would support an anti-Canadian bill I hope is not re-elected next election. 

Last couple points, left leaners give your head a shake. Seriously. If this bill "changes" nothing then why even pass it? Why bring it up? People should do the right thing HOWEVER the PC thing isn't always the right thing. Trust me...... It is how America ended up with Trump. (My next blog) 

And you hardcore right wingers, just stop. If those threatening emails are real, you are an embarrassment to our nation. Sending shit like that will actually push people to support M103, like you guys also give your damn head and play the long game. Don't let a moment of outrage bite you in the ass later....



Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo