Skip to main content

Prez Trump

The last three elections have not gone my way.... I really did not want the NDP to win Alberta. I didn't want the Liberals to win Canada and I didn't want Trump to win the USA. I could write blog after blog about each one of these but I will try and keep it to one and just a short-ish one.

First I wanna say what all three have in common, they do have a few things in common. They all are extreme reactionary wins. 44 years of PC entitlement and it was time for a change. Even I can agree with that. They basically were doing whatever they wanted. BUT the reaction to it was insane. People voted more to out a party than to put in a good party. While the NDP is great in theory. It is anti Albert, but they won because people were so fed up with PC. The thing the PC really didn't take into account was social media. The times they are a changin. Voting wasn't just the white middle to upper class. Twitter and Facebook started to tell young people to vote and who to vote for. The hyper political correctness that has taken up this world said vote NDP. Get rid of all the old white men running the province, idealists can do it better. SO outrage led all the little sheeple to vote in an ill prepared government. Then came the Canadian federal election. This also was a reactionary vote. This was super clown shoes. Trudeau had a name behind him. Beloved in the East and hated in the West. Social media was used to paint Harper as the devil, literally. So an unprepared wanna be pseudo celebrity became the leader of Canada. I am not here to rant on that but what the hell??? Social Media brought a young and reactionary vote that changed Canada. A lesson to be learned about politics in this Brave New World.

So that was Canada. I wanna talk more about Trump, but there is clear lessons. People react! Be it wise or not people will eventually snap. Social Media is the way of the future, you don't even have to be honest you just have to be in cyber space. Whether it was Trump himself or the GOP they realized this. Over the last 10-15 years America has become more and more divided. Along the lines of race, wealth, religion. The fact is the overly politically correct world we now live in is angering many people. Trump said it out loud, right or wrong, he said what to a degree clearly many people were thinking. Some of it may be ugly, disgusting, pure hatred cough cough KKK cough cough but he also reached out to people wanting America for Amercians. Though he has never a day in his life been a common man he tapped into the growing resentment the "common man" has. Basically he pulled a Reagan. America for the good or bad voted a reactionary government. Also Trump has never been a dummy when it comes to publicity. He has been in that light most of his life. Seems biweekly or at least monthly he was the centre of a public shit storm. Like Kim K's fake robbery to try and stay in the lime light it kept Trump on every ones lips. Straight up politicking it was brilliant, they knew clearly they had a ton of closet support..... I hate to say it but I am willing to bet many "sane" moderate people said they would never cast a vote for him and in that private little booth they told a different story.

Lets be honest, Trump can be compared very closely to Hitler. He runs on hate and fear to appeal to the masses. Blames any target Muslim, Mexican hell even Canadians for the problems in America. The flipside of that coin is Hitler was for a time a great leader for Germany. Only time will tell if Trump can be a great leader for the USA. Here is the problem if you don't like him. He won fair and square. He may not have won the popular vote and the electoral college may be a terrible way to vote in a leader but he won. Democratically he won. Sadly if you are protesting right now, you are protesting the free vote. Which when you think about it is really stupid. Would you prefer a dictator? Not going to lie I didn't want him to win but here he is, democratically. So sad as it may be to say Trump is your elected leader stop ruining America with silly protests.You don't like it then right now stop what your doing and start looking for your 2020 candidate. John Everyman who can defeat Trump.

Quick side note to al the celebs threatening to leave. IN reality no one cares. You need fans much more than fans need you. If you really are arrogant enough to think you leaving the USA is going to change the government or the millions of votes give your head a shake.

So I guess it is sit down and hold on. SNL and South Park will have material for the next 4 years. I am not 100% sure how the USA system works but I don't think Trump can just "push the button" and start World War 3. I am fairly certain that his "people" will stop him from doing all the insane shit he promised. For now I guess it is time to watch and see what happens. To stop demonstrating because you candidate didn't win. If you are angry like I said then it is the time to start looking for someone who can win. It is time to get into the New World politicking.....

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo