Skip to main content
So summer is almost over, and I haven't ranted in awhile!! So I guess today I am doing a fluff piece about my summer so far. It hasn't been amazing so far. I mean it hasn't been bad at all just pretty meh!

First off on the writing front my chance to publish with Channillo expired but when I have something good enough or that I feel good enough I will ask them again. Plus if I wanna release bi weekly I will need a hella lot of chapters done to stay ahead. I have been working on a 30 day writing challenge but it ended up taking almost 90 because of my shitty wifi..... Also I think I am about to go through years of writing in my office and finally organize it.

I wanna say this, summer is the best. I love walking around the neighbourhood at night smelling backyard fires. I love wearing shorts, tees shirts and sandals and hellz ya I like watching the girls of summer! I like fishing, camping and boating. I like the sun being up in the sky up late into the night and not driving to work in darkness. I like apples trees, gardens and the smell of lilacs. (NO I am not gay!) And I would happily mow a dozen lawns rather than shovel one drive. I Love summer!!

Television has been great! GoT had an amazing season. Not only because for one season the "good" guys actually win (YA! Starks control Winterfell and the North again and Walder Frey got his throat slashed!) It was just an amazing season. It was the first time I have even though on a TV show the music was good. Still hate Dany and will miss the bastard Ramsay but I am sure next season little finger will cause problems. Walking Dead was kinda slow, lets be honest but Neegan fixed it and no one can wait until next season! Fear the walking dead is half over, so far it has been ok. I really want that one kid to die! Chris?? The kid who isn't Nick! Preacher has been my biggest bust so far. I freely admit I am not even half done the season but I am not digging it. I have been told it gets better.... Same with Vikings! Half way through and it doesn't hold my attention at all.

Movies have been decent. Cpt. America Civil War really made up for that awful second Avengers. I wont lie I am so far behind. Xmen looks like a good one, I really wanna see the Ninja Turtles too, even though it didn't get great reviews. Lets talk about Bat V Sup. I saw it in the theatre. I thought it was decent. I would rather watch Civil War any day. I re watched it at home and paid more attention. It is a good movie. The details and such are great, it is slow as it is setting up (hopefully) a new age in DC movies since Marvel has been kicking ass at movies. The last one I wanna mention is suicide squad. So far it has not gotten good reviews. Leto is saying he was tricked and Mr. J is such a tiny part of the movie. BUT I really want to make my own judgment. Not just cause looks hot!

I turned 35 this year. WTF were did time go? That means for 16 years now Edmonton has been the place I call home. Also just in case I ever do look back, this was the year Puppy, Monkey, Baby appeared! Also I discovered Yelawolf. Ever feel like a singer knows exactly how you feel? Cause with his lyrics I do. On the sad side Gord Downie of The Hip has terminal Cancer. They did a farewell tour that ends tonight. I have never seen anything like this. CBC is broadcasting it live. Bars all over the country are broadcasting it.

Finally got fishing into my life again!! Caught ten walleye at Pigeon a few weeks ago. Really wish A) I knew were my tackle box was and B) We were aloud to keep some to eat!!

My beloved Alberta is still struggling. Like super struggling. Last I heard 100,000 people in Calgary had lost their jobs. People keep telling me it is like the 80's but we will get through it like we did then. A year ago I said I would give the NDP the benefit of the doubt. In my mind they have done nothing, so I am done saying let them try. While the NDP maybe a great party for social morals they aren't leaders. They seem more concerned about were people pee than getting our economy up and running again. So to the clowns that voted in the clowns good job! Enjoy the next three years of watching the West sink....

The summer has been a great season for growing. Hot as fack and rainy! My apple tree has given 3 boxes, 1 full green bin and 4 bags. And I am sure I can do that at least once more. Here is what bugs me. With all the shit that has gone on like the Fort Mac Fire, food banks are screaming for stuff. But no one will take good apples. If I really needed to go to a food bank, I think I would be happy to have apples!

The US is headed into an election. Hitler err Trump has actually turned the USA into a laughing stock. Here is a guy who was born with a giant silver spoon, epic failed at many ventures and people want to lead the free world?! On top of this he has been accused of rape, said he would sleep with his own daughter, actually been a reality TV star, wants to build a wall and register Muslims. Some how people support him!! Like some people I even think are decent fairly smart people support him! I am not a fan of Bush (The president or Disco muff), Obama or Hilliary BUT I would take any of them over Trump.

I dunno if you live under a rock BUT if you have turned on your TV the Olympics are happening in Rio. Too be honest I am from Canada, that big frickin country in the North were it is fucking cold and we suck at summer!! BUT this time we ain't doing too bad. But that isn't what people are going to remember about these games. It is like this stupid reality TV craze has even sunk into the games.Crime ridden city. Empty venues. Green water. Officials charged with scalping. Fake robberies. Like I said I prefer Winter Games and these games are kinda embarrassing.

Connor McDavid, poor poor boy! The new arena is up in Edmonton. The cancer (IMO) has been traded and now Connor in his second year needs to bring a cup to the Oilers.... No joke like some people think that is gonna happen. I believe it is The Hockey News that predicts him to lead the league this year in points. Ease up all you crazies!! I agree the Oilers should be much better this year maybe even have a chance at making the playoffs BUT I would give McJebus a couple years to be the most dominate player in the league and a bit longer for a cup to finally come to Edmonton once more. My break down of the next season is this.....

The West Conference is changing. While L.A and Chicago will still be forces I think they are on the down swing. I would say Dallas, St. Louis and Anaheim are in their prime and need to make the most of it. I think Minny and Nashville will continue to battle to make the playoffs. But I am going to say Canada is finally on the upswing. Winnipeg, Calgary and the Oil are on the rise.

The East I think will remain the same at least for the next couple seasons. However if Ovi wants a cup now is the time. His team isn't going to get any better and he is almost done his prime. I don't doubt they will remain a strong team for many more years. Now is Ovis time. Sadly my mighty Wings are in a defining season. Z is almost on his last legs, the magic man is in Russia AND they don't have enough young talent in my mind to still contend. Also I am going to say Buffalo and Toronto are the teams on the rise there...

So that's it, a jumble rant of what I have been up to!!!

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo