Skip to main content

Just some thoughts

Old Korn rocks, listening to their first album as I write. So whats new in my life? Well thanks for asking. I turned 34. without much for bells and whistles. I find as I get older my birthday means less. I mean when your a kid its great. Presents, parties, cakes. From like 18 to 31, it was all about the party. Be it in a bar, a strip club or even at the lake birthdays meant hangovers. Now a nice dinner out and a quiet fire is enough. I have been back from Disney for a month and I miss the hell outta it. That was a fackin fun trip! So as I get rich I will be back there. My insano neighbour asked for 24 hours notice before I have backyard fires. I am tempted to have 1 every night now. My mind is working on 3 stories. Well 2 stories and a comic. The first issue of the comic is almost done just needs typed and maybe I could for once try to submit something.

Conner McDavid is all that Edmonton is about. Seriously, just stop. I hope to hell the kid pans out but stop putting the dreams of a whole city on a teenage boy! The good thing in this whole Oilers story is the whole club is ACTUALLY being rebuilt so maybe winning can begin!

Reality TV is still garbage. Still sure Bruce Jenner changed to a woman to keep the Kardashians on the air. On the bright side Big incest family or the Duggars as some call them seem to be done. I do feel bad for the girls though. Without spot light on the family they can go back to the dark ages lifestyle most religious nuts have. True detective started season 2. I love that show. So dark and well written but not relying on gore or violence. Vince Vaughn is a delight as a bad guy which surprised me, figured it would be hard to take him serious but damn. On the other hand Colin Farrel plays Colin Farrel really well.

Edmonton and all of Alberta has been crazy hot! Some sort of record since they (whoever they are) started keeping records. Also the NDP haven't killed Alberta! They however in 9 days, (who only works 9 days in the summer??? ) have raised corporate taxes 20% and plan to hike minimum wage 47%. I am just a dumb redneck from the North (You know, the place oil comes from), not a hipster who worked in a coffee shop (Well I did but) but something just seems like a bad idea in there. Also they haven't set fears at ease by hiring advisers who have all been anti oil. But for now Alberta is still here.

Canada happened like it does every year. If I am Meh about birthdays think of how Canada must feel that old bitch. Today is the 4th of July. The states of course are celebrating like mad. With heighten security. ISIS still exists ya know. This is what pisses me off about the world now. You cant tell me the states couldn't wipe ISIS out but they don't! Whatever happened to the good old days when kings destroyed there enemies!

Speaking of the states, gays finally are allowed to merry in every state! First off it is about fucking time. Love is love. I don't think it is for anyone or any institution to say who can love who. My thing is the extreme side of it. 2 dudes wanna walk holding hands fine. Make out like high school whatever. I think that's embarrassing for anyone in public but to each their own. My problem with this comes from Pride parades and what not. You wanna throw S&M shit on in the bedroom sure. As an adult b as vulgar as you want. However your having a parade in public no dice. Like I have always said what you do in your bedroom is your business but it don't need to be in my face have a bit of class. And this ain't just for gays. I mean that for EVERYONE! Have a parade and pride days but know a touch of class.

Political correctness has gotten out of hand. In the wake of a tragedy, were a moron murdered innocent people reactionaries now want to ban the confederate flag. I kinda get it but it don't make a lick of sense. First off what happens when you take something away and tell people they cant have it. Oh ya, they want it more. And a flag didn't commit the murders, getting rid of a flag wont stop ignorance, stupidity or racism. But beyond that people want The Dukes of Hazzard of TV now because the General Lee is painted like that. REALLY???!!??? What is the world coming to. The fact people would even consider this blows my mind. Even bigger than people wanting to take an old favorite of mine off TV is what is signifies. The USA is becoming even more divided. We have black leaders calling for white murders. We have white cops killing black men, I don't want to be a nut bag conspiracy person but could this be how the USA finally falls. From divisions within??

Comments

Most Viewed Posts

Edmonton / Highway of Tears

This was going to be a small paragraph in a bigger random blog but it grew really fast and the fact is I thought it was rather interesting so it will be post of its own. I decided to add some of these womens names. I once heard a pod about Jack the Rippers victims, that humanized them. I think thats what should be done, why glorify freak shows and forget about the people who suffered because of them. Also I added a bit more as I was just going to, just quickly mention Edmonton but I think it is bigger than that. Also still cannot find a legit decent looking charity to donate to for MMIWG.... Msg me if you know one! IS there a serial killer in Edmonton? Or was there one active? On another long drive home I came across podcasts on EPS, which led to pods on what they called the Edmonton - Leduc murders. Which if you have been around Edmonton for awhile I know you have heard of. I just was unaware of the amount and length of time this had been going on. First thing though not all these mur

Alberta Politics Pre 2019 election

Ahh that lovely time every few years when we see the worst in all people is upon us! That's right elections are coming! The brutal truth is both federally and provincially we are going to see shit get nasty. From both sides, let's not pretend anyone is innocent. This is all I am going to say on politics for awhile, at least until elections OR if something crazy happens. I really need to concentrate on actual writing. Not twitter bickering with people. So here is it my thoughts on the current federal and provincial politics. (Breaking this into 2 parts. This one is going to be just media and Alberta) First let's start with the sideliners. The media and the peanut gallery. Rebel Media OR Chicken little media. Whichever you want to call them is fine by me. It has been years now I was blocked for using common sense or not drinking the Kool-aid by Ezzie and the Rebel account. I can say I never dropped into name calling or anything like that with either, but I guess not believi

Part 3 Addiction

So, I have stated first, we need the correct systems in place, and second, we need healthy citizens for a better society. One of the root problems in society, though, is addiction. A mental health problem that can lead to so much more. Family violence, crime, homelessness, job loss, and on and on. There is no cure for addiction. There is management, and there are many things we can do much better to help addicts and society. So, let's tackle this one next.  I like drinking! I like the taste of a good whiskey or red wine. Or the supposed "no taste" of good vodka. I like that little boost of confidence that tells me, hell ya, you can dance! Or the fact that, yes, after a long day, it does take an edge off. I have a ton of great memories of times when booze was around... The flip side of that is I'm not too fond of hangovers. I hate not knowing what happened the night before; I guess there is a term for this now: hangxiety. Some of my worst memories and things I hate abo